Main Menu

Hello from North Idaho!

Started by wes473, July 03, 2020, 08:30:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

wes473

Thanks guys!  :cheers:

@challengermaniac well preferably a solid v8 4 spd car, 1970 cuda to be exact but I would consider any barracuda/cuda 70-74 under $15k.  :takemymoney: I'm no body guy so hopefully something that just needs mechanical/ basic cosmetic to be drive-able. My end goal is a manual V8 AAR clone or g3 hemi restomod or some of both.

At the end of the day I'm looking for a driver :burnout: that I can take my toddlers out to get ice cream with and have them "help" me work on it on the weekends etc.

I did find this base 74 barracuda, swaped 360 - 4 spd, should run and drive but needs front end work what are the pros and cons of fiberglass front fenders/qtrs? and how bad are rockers to replace?

Brads70

Welcome Oh man I love your RR bummer you sold it  :drooling: One of my top 5 favorite cars!   With 15 K it's going to be tough to find a solid eBody.  Rust ones will easily run up 12-15k in sheet metal alone ( plus labor)  so buy as solid as as a one that you can afford.  at 15k your more likely to find a 72-74 Challenger ,maybe a 72-74 Barracuda?   :alan2cents:

Spikedog08

Car looks great!  Welcome to the site!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

nsmall

I grew up in Chewelah Washington.   I graduated from North Idaho College.  Anyway, welcome and good luck.  You can find a decent 72-74 ebody for 15k IMHO.  Good luck

Topcat

Look your potential seller REALLY closely in the eyes when you negotiate.

If their eyes are darting or blinking alot; It's either time to bail or turn up the heat.
Fast talking is a sign they're not comfortable. Maybe time to go elsewhere. Stroker seller wanting fantasy buyer
Relaxed seller, means take your time. He likes you.

Flip side:
Don't act like a tire kicker. He smells that and the conversation gets shorter.

Questions to avoid:
How much? Ask what's it worth to you? Any why?
When was the last time this was repaired?
Don't super low ball.
Be soft asking,...why are you selling now?  This may be a pain point. (death, health, or $)

Get them to talk stories.
Share common ground.
Compliment their accomplishments.
phrase..."Can we meet half way" when you begin to negotiate. This works often.
Whats your favorite Mopar? Why? When it last ran how was it?
How long have you been into Mopars? They either Love'm or Hate em.

Keep them in their comfort zone will help you, but be sharp minded and bring somebody to help you if you need. 

cudamadd

7E-Bodies

Welcome to the best site ever. Great people here. I've had many trusted exchanges here in both parts and advice. Don't give up on finding a car. They're still out there. Keep your lines in the water. I just found an unadvertised  "honey hole" with multiple indoor stored cars. Two hemis. Supposed to do an in-depth visit next week. Wants to sell all six in a package. Simply by visiting a car show and talking to folks. What I love doing anyway. Again, welcome.

:welcome:

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

wes473

Thanks guys! I decided to let the other one go, lost my deposit but I found this 1970 'cuda that I'm trucking down to look at.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/whats-it-worth/15/383-cuda/17515/

Poolshark314

Welcome! I just bought a 73 Cuda from Couer d'Alene and i'm waiting for it to come in the mail lol
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD