Main Menu

My First EBody ever...

Started by gpm6367, February 11, 2020, 05:08:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

here is how & where originals are stamped,
as you search for a LIST-4667 or LIST-6191 you will probably discover that only one of the numbers (NOT BOTH) will be found with an appropriate date for your car

JS29

Correct me if i am wrong, but isn't a 600-cfm a little small for a 383?  :cheers:

gpm6367

Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled with the car and it's overall condition. I actually enjoy fine-tuning and finishing things that are not correct. Car runs very well and was happy to actually see that I have points in the distributor. For some reason I thought that box on the fire wall was an electronic ignition but apparently not. I was disappointed that it's not the original carb but I can get an original and choke that's easy.

What's with this pig tail off the negative on the battery cable? That can't be original? Same question with the solenoid on the drivers inner fender well? What is it and is it original? Also why is my breather have a port that is plugged? And where does the line going through the firewall go that's coming off the breather? The gas tank?

Please feel free to point out everything in the engine bay that is not correct. I am not thin skinned and I'm looking for input

anlauto

You have the wrong negative battery cable. The factory correct one has two wires on it, one large one grounds to the engine, and one small one grounds to the rad support.

Your starter relay looks original and if so you should find a date code on the bottom of it.

Single point distributor is correct, is there a tag on it ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Rad cap is wrong
Does the rad have numbers on it ? It could be wrong too :alan2cents:

Headlight wire harness ground is in the wrong location, should be down with that large red cable on the rad support
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

The three nipple oil breather cap is correct. The large one goes to the air cleaner, one small one goes to the "correct" carb, and the third one goes to the gas tank vent line on the passenger side inner apron

gpm6367

Quote from: anlauto on March 01, 2020, 02:16:26 PM
Rad cap is wrong
Does the rad have numbers on it ? It could be wrong too :alan2cents:

Headlight wire harness ground is in the wrong location, should be down with that large red cable on the rad support

I figured that cap was wrong. What does original look like?

U lost me on the head light wire harness ground. Which one and where should it be?

The solenoid on inner fender well on drivers side is the starter solenoid?t?

gpm6367

Thanks that explains carb stamping perfectly. Only list and a date; no Mopar part number on air horn?

gpm6367

Thanks I guess I'll be ordering a correct negative cable.

All this wiring off positive cable is original?

The only thing I see on distributor is this 67. Where would a tag be?

Brads70

If your going to get a new ground battery cable, you might as well replace the positive one as well , if nothing else but to avoid the " green death" issue if it's original/old?  I tried to cheap out and ended up having my Challenger towed home on a flat bed due to a bad positive battery cable.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

U lost me on the head light wire harness ground. Which one and where should it be?

The ground wire for the headlights is in the wrong location, it should be moved down and grounded with the battery cable.

gpm6367

Brads70

Quote from: gpm6367 on March 01, 2020, 06:10:58 PM
These correct?

I'm not sure on "correct" but I bought them at my local Mopar dealership to save on shipping costs?

anlauto

Contact Roseville Moparts, mention you're a member here and get a discount. If money is not the object, ask for OE correct cables....there are several different "levels of quality" cables available, some are more correct than others. :alan2cents: