Main Menu

New member from Australia

Started by redgum78, August 06, 2017, 02:15:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

redgum78

New member from Australia here.

I decided it was finally time to join an E body forum and after looking around on the web for a while I decided on this one. I especially like the resto "how to" videos and suspect some of those will come in mighty handy for me. Hopefully it means this site is a bit more orientated towards repair and resto as that is where I am at right now.

I have owned my 70 U-code Dodge Challenger for about 10 years. In the first 2 years of owning it I had it media blasted then I set out repairing rust. I have replaced floor panels, rear quarters, repaired the roof and trunk floor and a little bit of rust on the inner front fenders. Then we had another baby, shifted house, more life stuff.......long story but the result was the Challenger sat in storage until now.

It still needs front guards fixed, a bit of tidy up on the doors and some re-work from sitting in storage before gapping the panels and looking at paint. After that I have to put that sucker together!

I will get some pictures of what I am working with soon.

Until then I just want to say "Hi" and introduce myself. Looking forward to meeting you all and hope you will help me keep the motivation high enough to get my RT finished.

:thankyou:

Dan

TobiasM

Dan,

thanks for introducing yourself and let me be the first to welcome you here aboard from  :germany:

This is a great board with lots of information and - even more important - awesome people, which I both experienced myself: though I am also quite new here, people were and are really VERY helpful!

You will for sure succeed in  :wrenching: and finishing your 440 R/T Chally...lots of motivation swirls arround here  :banana:

Rev-It-Up

Hi Dan and welcome to the forum!  :welcome:
Rev-It-Up

Jay Bee

:wave: Welcome to the site, from St. Catharines, ON   :canada: 

anlauto

You've found the best E-Body site on the entire WORLD WIDE WEB  :clapping: :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1971Y13

Welcome to the site from Sweden,  :welcome:
1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

Chryco Psycho

Welcome @redgum78
I am glad you are getting the U code Chall restored
Thanks for joining us Dan

J-Code Jeni

:welcome: & we're glad you joined!

Thanks for telling your story & how you found us! It's not so uncommon to have life get in the way of your car project- in other words, you're among many who have had a similar experience and had their ignition reignited here! Glad you didn't sell your Challenger through all of life's events- sounds like a terrific car!  :cooldance:

Cuda Cody

Welcome @redgum78   :welcome:  Thank you for joining us and sharing a bit about your car.  Sounds like you are getting closer to working on it again.  You'll find a lot of motivation here and feel free to ask any and all questions you might have.  We are happy to talk shop and help people out with their E-Body projects.

Tells us a bit more about your car.  Where and how did you find it 10 years ago?  What color was it originally and what are your plans in terms of paint, restoration (oem or resto-mod) and please share a few photos when you have time.   :wave:

RUNCHARGER

Welcome from B.C. Canada. I loved your country when we visited this winter, very similar to Canada in history and way of life. You picked the right forum, I have been a member of the other E-body forums but this one is superior and getting better every day I feel.
Sheldon

70/6chall

A big MOPAR welcome, Dan ........ from SoCal! You'll not find a more dedicated group of MOPAR enthusiasts anywhere. Have E-body questions, ask away, we are here to help.    Thanks,   Al

CudaMoparRay

Indeed welcome from Sylmar, CA

Crash520

Hi Dan
Welcome aboard! Good guys here and even better knowledge base

Greg
Brisbane
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

JS29

redgum78

Thank you all for such a warm welcome!

I was a little hesitant about joining a new forum but I get the feeling I stumbled across an awesome one.

The Challenger will be a resto-mod rather than restoration. I am missing my fender tag so that makes it hard to justify a factory restoration, plus I like to drive my cars. If I had a factory correct U or V code, numbers matching everything with full history and documentation I would be scared to drive it!

I will start resto-mod topic when I get time with some pictures that brings it up to the current situation.