Main Menu

New member from San Diego

Started by 70RTSE383, May 16, 2017, 02:43:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70RTSE383

Hi folks. I'm new to this forum and relatively new Mopar owner. I have a Challenger project car that I have been working on. The previous owner bought it in the early 80's and did some work on in the mid 90's. It sat in his garage since largely as a roller with driveline rebuilt and installed. I reassembled most of the car and it is now drivable. New gas tank, new lock tumblers, new rallye wheels and tires.
I have collected some hard to find parts like the SE dome light (nos) rear finish panel (needs repainted but has never been installed on a car before). Re-did floor shifter due to a broken detention rod. Rebuilt steering column and some brake work. Light work overall. Later this summer will put on lift and media blast bottom of car and prime.
Anyway that's where I am at.

John
70' Challenger R/T SE in progress
66' Mustang fastback GT350 clone
Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

CudaMoparRay

Welcome and good start on your project keep us posted

71GranCoupe

:welcome: From Las Vegas. Post some pictures of your car when time permits. I own a 70RT/SE 383 car as well.

70/6chall

Welcome to you from just up the coast in Riverside. This is really a great user friendly forum for whatever info you need for your Challenger resto, there are knowledgeable hobbyists close by to assist. I also have a '70 Challenger in SE trim, but powered by the 225 SL6, and an LA built first day issue.  Thanks,  Al

Jay Bee

:wave: Welcome from St. Catharine's, ON  :canada:

Cuda Cody

Welcome @70RTSE383   Thanks for joining us and telling us about your Challenger.  What color is it?  Would love to see some photos.   :please:

And let us know if there is anything we can help with.  There's a lot of very helpful and knowledgeable people on here.   :drinkingbud:

70RTSE383

Thanks guys will try to post a couple pics from my phone. Have to figure out the others. These are terriblebut its what I have at the moment.
Two of you said you also have SE's. Did they origionally come with radios or were they delete cars?
Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70

70RTSE383

71 you are also from Spokane. Thats where I got mine from.
Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70

Spikedog08

Welcome from Michigan . . .  Although I am currently in Las Vegas.  Glad you signed up!   :wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

71GranCoupe

Quote from: 70RTSE383 on May 16, 2017, 05:39:14 PM
Thanks guys will try to post a couple pics from my phone. Have to figure out the others. These are terriblebut its what I have at the moment.
Two of you said you also have SE's. Did they origionally come with radios or were they delete cars?

Mine is an original AM/FM 5 speaker system. Small world on the car coming from Spokane. Picture looks great to me!!  :cheers:

Topcat

Welcome aboard.
Cool Challenger you have.   

MoparJunkie

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on May 16, 2017, 06:05:51 PM

Mine is an original AM/FM 5 speaker system. Small world on the car coming from Spokane. Picture looks great to me!!  :cheers:

Very small world indeed. I'm from Spokane too, hahaha!! Welcome.

I don't remember seeing that car in craigslist locally unless it was listed elsewhere. I closest one locally that popped up was a 71 plum crazy purple for 24k. Good find though!

Topcat

Quote from: MoparJunkie on May 16, 2017, 07:06:45 PM
Quote from: 71GranCoupe on May 16, 2017, 06:05:51 PM

Very small world indeed. I'm from Spokane too, hahaha!! Welcome.

I don't remember seeing that car in craigslist locally unless it was listed elsewhere. I closest one locally that popped up was a 71 plum crazy purple for 24k. Good find though!

@Cuda Cody

Cody,

So many cars up near you slipping right thru your fingers.   :pokeeye:

Remember James I recruited. His was from up there too just sitting by the side of the house.

MoparJunkie

HAHA, there are many cars I want to buy, but I'm not much of a threat with empty pockets lol. I did see Cuda Cody's post about that 70 RT 383 4spd for 12k in Montana that he missed out on! I would have liked that car too, but It's hard enough getting one project done let alone multiple. Sometime I'll have to post my buddies Mopar project collection (he loves multiple projects, lol). He has a 68 and 69 charger, 70 Super Bee 383 4spd, 70 baracuda and a rough 70 383 RT/SE challenger. I think there are more, he's always buying more mopars, lol.

I recently noticed a 68 Coronet 500 Vert for 12k. Some guy was selling his "grandmas old car". At 12k I figured it would go fast and in less than 12 hours it was off craigslist.

on a side note if any member is interested in a car that is in my area I would do my best to go take a look at it for them. Take extra pics, etc. And I'll restrain myself from buying it as well, hahaha