Main Menu

New member here looking for advice

Started by superdave, January 03, 2018, 10:35:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

jimynick

Here's another welcome to the site from Ontario  :canada: and good luck with your restorations!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Spikedog08

Welcome @superdave  . . Cool name!  Nice first car!  What year did you buy it?  I still own my first car that I bought in 1982. . . 1973 ‘Cuda!  Looks like you are in Challenger heaven!  That’s awesome!  Look forward to helping and watching your cars come together soon! 

:clapping:  :wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Dakota

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: from Buffalo, NY.   Most of us mere mortals find 1 project car to be plenty challenging.   You're going to have 3.5X the fun!

superdave

I bought mine in 1982 and it already had some rust issues. Talking to a guy at school about it and he said he had looked at it and passed because it had rust and honestly it has been hit pretty hard behind the passenger side door. Not looking forward to that. The one we are working on now was purchased in 1980 or so, someone posted an ad on the bulletin board where our mom worked. Didn't take my brother ling to jump on that one.

1 Wild R/T

Good taste in cars! I prefer 70 but I've owned a couple 71's too.... If you have questions someone here will most likely have the answer.... Rusty banged up cars can look great with a little work....

superdave

340challconvert

superdave  Welcome from New Jersey

There are a lot of people here who are very knowledgeable and will be able to help you.   :wrenching:

I love the Challenger convertibles; I currently own a Y-1 yellow 1970 A66 convertible that I have owned since 1979, and was in storage since 1984.
I finally started to work on it in 2015
In the past I have owned a 70 Challenger RT vert in plum crazy 383- 4 sp car (wish I still had that one) and my first convertible Challenger was a 1971, 383 automatic w a black interior that I picked up for 500. back in the day. Also sold this one.

Looking forward to seeing your work on your Challenger project!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

1 Wild R/T

New Sig Picture..  Just here to help... :rofl:

wingcarenvy

superdave

[facebook][/facebook] LOL, yes that's the idea. I earned the nickname during my waterskiing days. Everyone liked to watch me jump... it was either going to be a decent jump or a spectacular pileup but guaranteed to be on the edge of control either way!! What I lacked in talent I tended to make up for in enthusiasm  (read: " throwing myself at the ramp").  : throw 8)  :)  :banana:

Chryco Psycho