Main Menu

New member w. 71 R/T Challenger

Started by MatchlessIndian, February 15, 2020, 05:19:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MatchlessIndian

Hey thanks! The car was originally a GA4 Gunmetal Grey car.

MatchlessIndian

Quote from: nsmall on February 15, 2020, 09:47:31 PM
Thanks for sharing the story and I'm so glad you got it back.  As for the color, I don't know if you're going back to original but if it's Winchester grey it's a gorgeous color.  Someone just bought a Challenger in that color on this site.

I haven't decided what I am going to do about the color. I do like the GA4 color but it probably won't sprayed back to it because my wife is into either the Green go/Sassy Grass, keeping it the same, or a Blue color like the youtube poster Cajun Mojo's 71' which he says is Dodge PB3 intense blue (obviously not a period correct color. Since she is going in with me on getting the car back and the cost of the resto I am letting all decisions be made democratically. Here are two pics she has referenced as she would like to see it in.

To anyone who cares all credit to the pictures belong solely to the people who took them. I have no connection to them other than think they look awesome!  :bigthumb:   

GrandpaKevin

Welcome and congrats on getting your old car back :twothumbsup:

71 R/T Challengers are my favorite.

Color is such a personal choice, it's a good idea to include your wife in the decision.  :alan2cents:

My wife picked the color of her 71 R/T Challenger at age 10 when her dad was restoring it in the 80's.

MatchlessIndian

Quote from: GrandpaKevin on February 16, 2020, 07:47:34 AM

Color is such a personal choice, it's a good idea to include your wife in the decision.  :alan2cents:

My wife picked the color of her 71 R/T Challenger at age 10 when her dad was restoring it in the 80's.

That car is beautiful! Outside of nostalgia even from a modern design perspective it is truly amazing how appealing the Ebody shape is. Actually I can extend it to that whole era was just full of cool car aesthetic.-- unfortunately I missed it because I came along in 81.   

xx88man

Quote from: MatchlessIndian on February 16, 2020, 09:07:03 AM
Quote from: GrandpaKevin on February 16, 2020, 07:47:34 AM

The blue car you show almost looks like B5....... colour is a personal choice

That car is beautiful! Outside of nostalgia even from a modern design perspective it is truly amazing how appealing the Ebody shape is. Actually I can extend it to that whole era was just full of cool car aesthetic.-- unfortunately I missed it because I came along in 81.
Keep yer foot in it

JS29

:welcome: From central New York, FJ6 is a period correct color. Intense blue is a sharp color. Both choices are good, and would look great on an E-Body.  :yes:   

71340RT

Welcome to the site. Here is a picture of my GA4 gunmetal Challenger. It is a great looking color and I have had my 71 340 RT for 31 years and can't see ever parting with it.
1971 Challenger RT 340 auto 1 of 731
1973 Challenger Rallye 392 Hemi A41 4 speed automatic
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Hemi auto

jimynick

Welcome to the site and good luck with your colour choices!   :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

gpm6367

Dude! Great story and love happy endings. As already said your wife is a keeper.

I love FM3; who doesn't. I'd love to see the fender tag. Car looks great as is and I'm sure you could have fun working on "correcting" some of the details. Are you'd plans to enjoy it as is?

And just in case you wondered what GA4 light gunmetal looks like...  :-X