Main Menu

New to forum

Started by Ccuda, April 24, 2021, 01:33:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ccuda

Dakota, Thx for the quick response. Summer is approaching and I can't wait to get her going. I do disconnect her every time do work. I did hear the year one harnesses were the best.Not claiming to be an expert but  I've rewired at least 4 cars now and have had great success with Painless wiring. I believe it's a fairly easy conversion but?,as you know what happens when vendors say it easy. I never dealt with Mopar wiring before and the schematics are different from Gm and Ford. The relay fix sounds good for the headlights. That system is working fine now.
Ccuda

Ccuda

dodj, I bought the ignition wiring from RockAuto.it has an extra Black wire I'm going to disconnect from what I've read it's not required. Last 2 small red wires go to key buzzer but schematics show one of them coming from emerg.flashers ??? Cody said that's right and my wiring does reflect that, but what about Mopar Schematics??
Not sure where the smoke came from exactly. Looks to be from under the steering wheel/dash area. It happened twice now. First when I was checking for the first time if the flashers were working. The second after I installed a new Turnsignal harness I bought from C.I. . Now I bought the Ignition switch harness and I'm waiting for a new Ignition lock cyl. The last one was JB welded and the key got stuck when I tried to remove it. As far as flashers go The car came with the standard 552 flashers, Then I used the EF32RL Flashers recommended for LEDs since the flashers were flashing too fast initially then slowed down to almost nothing when I noticed the smoke. I rechecked and didn't see any Led bulbs for brake and Turnsignals were the 1157's. One last thing is there's no dimmer switch? I'm stumped buddy?
Ccuda

usraptor

:welcome: from Utah.  Beautiful car.  Hopefully you get your electrical issue solved soon and get it on the road.  :banana:

Smallblock340

Quote from: Ccuda on April 25, 2021, 07:56:21 AM
Smallblock340,  Checked out ur YouTube, Great looking Challenger! What kind of HP did you get from the Dyno test?
Thanks!
The Dyno Chart says 314 Hp @ 5864 rpm, 442 ft-lbs @ 3200 rpm  :)
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

Ccuda

dodj,  Followed your advice and isolated the front and rear. Found a short in the front where I added eyebrow spoilers and the left side fender turn signal got pitched in the nut used to to tighten the eyebrow. After disconnecting the front harness I ran power to both turn signals through the the front connector.With a power probe) Also disconnected the road lamps for there was no relay installed. Hooray! After connecting everything  back up the flashers work perfect.  However! Same problem with the left turnsignal and left turnsignal dash light. I'm in the process of putting the steering wheel back together so I can at least take the car to a few cruses and shows this summer. Don't need the road lights and will sacrifice the front left turnsignal for now. Did a continuity test on the left turnsignal bulb and light green line at the harness and it checked out. Sent power from the connector to the left turnsignal bulb and nothing! What am I missing? I also bought the power probe ect 3000 short finder. No short there either? Hope this wasn't too confusing. Carl
Ccuda

JS29

Feed back from the left front socket it's self?  :huh:

Ccuda

Finished rewiring the ignition switch and double checking all other connections for shorts or opens. Finally all turnsignals and emergency flashers are working with no smoke. Thanks for all your help. Nice to see things work out and no heavy garage bills.
Ccuda

Ccuda

Finished up with checking all connections and all turnsignals and Emergency flashers work well. Thank for your feedback.
Ccuda

70 Top Banana

Welcome from Michigan. Great looking car! I have the dodge version of that car in the same color. This is a great site! :handshake:

dodgemania

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site , great looking AAR !

jbaha

Welcome here, nice car btw!