Main Menu

New to Mopar world with a 71 Cuda 383 Shaker

Started by fuscobros, October 26, 2020, 02:50:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site @fuscobros  . . that's a great looking car!  Congrats on the sweet find!   :waving:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

Quote from: fuscobros on October 26, 2020, 07:51:38 AM
Thanks SOOOO much!  I noticed the breakdown says front spoilers?  Are those the small "eyebrow" type that mount on each fender?  They are not on the car (one fender was replaced back in the early 80's) perhaps they took the spoilers off.

The chin spoilers or "eyebrow" spoilers were installed by the dealer after the car arrived at the dealership. I've restored at least two Cudas that were coded for them, but never had them installed. They were left in the trunk.
Check on the original fender to see if there are signs of the holes being filled or also on the lower front valance if you think it might still be the original one. :rubeyes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mccannix

Wow!..congratulations...very nice, unmolested and well optioned car.
No disputing those options after seeing the tags and sheet. :wowzers:
Looks to have the black textured rear window trim moldings under the louver.
Also looks like another SRX9 black leather 71 Cuda that did not come with the woodgrain door panel inserts.

fuscobros

Thanks.  Actually the door panels have the thin woodgrain insert...just tough to spot in the pics due to the lighting

JS29

:welcome:   :handshake: If that was a 1970, with that interior code would include an over head console, (C26).

cuda hunter

Glad you joined us over here Mark!

Does anyone have the breakdown for how many 71 383 shakers were made?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

mccannix

Quote from: fuscobros on October 26, 2020, 02:38:52 PM
Thanks.  Actually the door panels have the thin woodgrain insert...just tough to spot in the pics due to the lighting
Thanks for the clarification....good to know.
Out of curiosity, when you look under the louver are the window moldings textured black and not chromed like the front ones.

Brads70

Welcome , great car you found! Enjoy the site lots of good people in here!  :wave:

fuscobros

Moldings on the rear window under the louvers is Chrome just like the rest of the car...no black texture.

anlauto

Quote from: fuscobros on October 26, 2020, 06:00:50 PM
Moldings on the rear window under the louvers is Chrome just like the rest of the car...no black texture.

He's asking about the trim that goes all the way around the back glass hidden under the louvers....It sure looks black in this picture.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: You're already aware of all the envy, so how about the story how you came by it? Anyways, as mentioned many times, great find!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Shoooter

Wow you dont see them like this too often.  If you dont mine what's a car like this sell for? Or what was he asking for it if you dont want to reveal sale price

6bblgt

WOW!!    :wowzers:

I thought this pic showed the woodgrain inserts on the door panels, thanks for the confirmation

:twothumbsup:  rarely are there 2 full lines of codes on the 2nd tag of anything real  :twothumbsup:

cudamadd

A very big welcome. Awsome car   Fantastic. Options on this one . This would be a beautiful car fully restored ,congratulations . For your first mopar  you scored a gem cheers  :australia:

Dakota

:wave:  Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY.   Great car.  I'm no expert on rare finds but having read posts from our gurus over the years, I don't see them get this excited about a car very often.   Looks like you've found a great one.