Main Menu

Newly Joined - Hello to All

Started by bobcat1989, June 24, 2019, 01:25:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

bobcat1989

Hello to all, just joined the forum, look forward to sharing and receiving information on the E bodies, I have owned my 1970 'CUDA since I was a senior in high school, 1973. Luckily I never butchered the car, can't imagine why cause I was kinda crazy back then with getting all the speed possible,,LOL,,anyhows,,I have drug it out of the barn from where I parked it in 1987 when kids were main goals in life and now its gonna be my retirement toy. Its a number matching 340 with all the goodies including some Gran Coupe options, overhead console, gill plates, shades, etc as well as the lil HP small block and 727. I have all the sheet metal I need but are looking for the lil plastic splash guards that go under the front end at sway bar location? Anyone have any idea what the part numbers are or if they are available aftermarket? I may also have some spare parts, haven't done inventory yet but I sold a AAR a few years back for to purchase a bus shed for my bus and I kept some of the parts, will try list them soon in case someone is looking for NOS or OS. Again, thanks for the invite and look forward to talking with everyone,,,,,

Brads70

Welcome, great story on your car! Not many get to do that( keeping it all those years)  Roseville is a great resource for reproduced parts and Dave gives us a discount to boot.

https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama  :wave:

JS29

:welcome:@bobcat1989 From central New York! Your car must have the premium leather interior option, I like the over head console. What color combo do you have. any chance you could show us the fender tag?  :cheers: 

Djdimart64

Welcome to the site from Maryland. Great place to get information and support.

Cudajason

Welcome from Cambridge Ontario Canada...EH!!! :canada:  You will not find a nicer group of folks around!

I have owned my cay since I was in high school as well...1991 :D

That's a great story.

I think I have some of the splash shields at home, let me snap a pic tonight and see if that is what you are looking for!

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

bobcat1989

JS29, yes it does have the premium leather and NO that is one thing I cannot find, I removed it (fender tag) years ago along with the build sheet I found in the rear seat springs,,,,put them both in a safe place for safe keeping and have not found them to this day,,,they are still in a safe place, lol,,may be when i pass the kids may find them IF they are diligent in searching,,as for the headliner, I have contacted Dayclona and he sent me quotes for the fiberglass,,console is good just corners broke off hardboard,,

Cuda Cody

Jay Bee

:wave: Welcome from another Ontario  :canada:  member. Since 1973, does that make you only the second owner?

JS29

@bobcat1989  I repaired my headliner with fiberglass mat and resin, work it in multi-pal layers. worked out well.   

Spikedog08

Welcome from Michigan!  Glad you signed up!
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

nsmall

Great story and way to hold on to it.  Good luck on your restoration.

Dakota

:wave: Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY.  It's really cool that you've been able to hang in to your car for all these years.   Please post some pictures when you can.

71-440

Joe

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon