Main Menu

So we bought a dang MOPAR

Started by BuzzNectar, January 11, 2024, 09:20:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BuzzNectar

Hello all you MOPAR maniacs! My wife and I are active car enthusiasts who enjoy going to car shows and cruises. This past year we got my dad, our son, and some of their friends involved in the car scene and have all had a great time! Our current personal collection consisted of: 69 Pontiac GTO, 71 Ford Torino GT, 20 Mustang GT, and a 23 Corvette. In November we came across a 70 Barracuda Gran Coupe and decided to buy it. We have had many different cars through the years but not a classic MOPAR. It was in relatively great shape. Needed new trunk pans installed (came with the car) a few other small things, and would eventually need a new paint job. High optioned with numbers matching N code 383 and A/T. We planned to use the car as is for cruises and shows this year before we refinished it. Two days after getting it home, I took my dad for a ride. During this time a lady ran through a stop sign and struck us on the drivers front. After the initial heartache and squabbling back and forth with their insurance, we decided to start the restoration process to coincide with the repairs from the accident. In our short time of ownership, we have fell in love with the E-body MOPAR. In such that we recently found and purchased a 70 Challenger to accompany the Barracuda once it's completed. I look forward to learning more about these cars and sharing our journey along the way!

cudamadd

Welcome nice stable of muscle cars . And how you have two ebodies hope you enjoy this forum,as there is so much knowledge here .  :cheers:  :australia:

71vert340

Welcome to this site. Sounds like you have some great cars. I'm sure you will enjoy them all.
 Terry W.

Brads70

Welcome to the site! I also love the 70-71 Torinos! Post up a picture of it when you can!

Blowout

:welcome:  great group here and sounds like a great group of cars there.

cuda hunter

Howdy and welcome from Colorado!

Let's see some pictures of your awesome E bodies.

Any oddball options on either of them? 
Early builds or late builds?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Interesting I also bought a "N" code 383 Gan Coupe that was hit in the driver's side front corner... :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7212Mopar

:welcome: Hope the accident was minor and no frame damage. Create a restoration build thread for us please. We love that stuffs.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

BuzzNectar

Quote from: 7212Mopar on January 12, 2024, 09:16:28 AM:welcome: Hope the accident was minor and no frame damage. Create a restoration build thread for us please. We love that stuffs.
Will do! I have some pics of before and after accident as well as some from this past week stripping parts out.

BuzzNectar

Quote from: Brads70 on January 12, 2024, 04:41:21 AMWelcome to the site! I also love the 70-71 Torinos! Post up a picture of it when you can!
Can't find any good pics of it finished. Here are a couple early on.3FE67167-0EFB-4161-8C45-AA0E6BB3168D.jpgBC603C4D-288C-4AAC-9196-4F166002B2B0.jpg

BuzzNectar

Quote from: cuda hunter on January 12, 2024, 06:12:23 AMHowdy and welcome from Colorado!

BuzzNectar

Quote from: cuda hunter on January 12, 2024, 06:12:23 AMHowdy and welcome from Colorado!

The Barracuda has a lot of options: cruise control, rear defrost, pwr windows, AM 8-track, 6 way seat, overhead console, vinyl top, A/C, hood/fender turn signals, leather front buckets, felt headliner, In Violet ext color.

One thing that seems odd or rare is the motor. To my understanding most "N" code 383 4brl motors were blue for the Gran Coupe at 330hp, and for the Cuda was Orange at 335. Mine is Orange and I verified the vin on the block with everything else.

The Challenger I don't have a lot of history on. Has no fender tag and vin shows it was originally was a 318 car. All the body and paint is finished and very nice. It needs remaining interior put back, wire harness, and motor and trans installed which is now a 440 6-pack with aluminum heads, intake, and headers with a rebuilt 727 trans.

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada:  and congrats on your car collection. I, too, like the 70-71 Torinos and remember my buddy's mom coming home with a lipstick red one with the laser stripe down the side. Enjoy!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

BIGSHCLUNK

My brother had a 71 Torino. Was not a bad ride at all

BuzzNectar

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on January 14, 2024, 10:21:29 AMMy brother had a 71 Torino. Was not a bad ride at all
Yeah, we like a variety of makes/models and colors. Not too many Torinos at the car shows. I will admit, it IS least powerful of our cars, (even with the stock 351 Cleveland 4v) but is a great ride for cruises. I know a lot of people are die hards for one brand or another and nothing wrong with that, we just love car culture and the history of the muscle car era.