Main Menu

1970 manual steering column-SOLD

Started by Challenger in NC, December 08, 2019, 12:52:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Challenger in NC

$125 plus shipping

Challenger in NC

Cuda Cody

Those are getting harder to find.  Also I just heard from someone who watched my steering column videos that the glue used by Mopar to fix collapsed steering columns was Loctite 660... so anyone that wants to change it from a manual column to a power steering can do it pretty easily now.

Challenger in NC

Quote from: Cuda Cody on December 11, 2019, 12:33:44 PM
Those are getting harder to find.  Also I just heard from someone who watched my steering column videos that the glue used by Mopar to fix collapsed steering columns was Loctite 660... so anyone that wants to change it from a manual column to a power steering can do it pretty easily now.

Good to know...thanks.

Challenger in NC

The emergency flasher switch broke off so lowering to $50 plus shipping

Msbaugh440

Quote from: Cuda Cody on December 11, 2019, 12:33:44 PM

Just heard that too. I have x2 columns, one power and one manual that both need the collapsed columns fixed. Having that info sure makes a repair easier

anlauto

That's crazy that you can't get $125 for that column....At Carlisle people were asking $200+ for columns in that condition... :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

SFEBODY

Hey is the steering column still for sale?

Brian

RUNCHARGER

Nope: I should be running down to pick it up Friday. :waving:
Sheldon

Challenger in NC

Quote from: SFEBODY on January 07, 2020, 07:17:19 AM
Hey is the steering column still for sale?

Brian

Sorry, I should have marked this as SOLD. I do have another one but I believe it is a power steering column and a later model-it has the small lever underneath for key removal.

RUNCHARGER

At 0723k it was in Billings Montana! :bradsthumb:
Sheldon