Started by Mcdavid, February 27, 2020, 01:47:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mcdavid

I'm selling the block for $5000 USD

I am looking the owner of this super rare 1970 AAR BS23J0B303477
Tor-red, 4 speed, tan interior and black vinyl roof

Mcdavid

ScottSmith_Harms

Hi Garth, I'm the one who called you about the block. I'm in contact with the owner and  gave him your price, I am waiting for his reply.

Mcdavid

Right On Brother !

They might have to make a Netflix movie about some these rare AAR/ TA's getting their private parts back under the hood.

Cheers Scott

Cheers to Jody with a Challenger TA ( he's missing his TA340 block as well)   

anlauto

Hey that's great the car was found so quick Scott :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shoooter

Bossgold

it would be nice to have the specs on the block before a price is thrown out....like mag'd, bore size, sonic checked and pressure checked? sorry am I missing the basics? I have a complete engine for sale that has all of this and a receipt for the work done. It's not hard to make it transparent

Mcdavid

It's still available. I'm looking for the owner of this car.

anlauto

Quote from: Bossgold on February 28, 2020, 09:02:25 PM
it would be nice to have the specs on the block before a price is thrown out....like mag'd, bore size, sonic checked and pressure checked? sorry am I missing the basics? I have a complete engine for sale that has all of this and a receipt for the work done. It's not hard to make it transparent

I'm guessing he would only like to sell it to the owner of the matching car, that's why the high asking price and lack of details. :dunno: I need a TA block, but I don't want to pay that much. :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

SeventyTX9RTRag

Does anyone know if that car was sold by Hendrick Performance? That picture looks like their building in the background. Someone said they were in touch with the car owner. If the car was sold by Hendrick I may be able to help find the owner.

js27

I am confused-The 1st post said Tan Interior and the pictures of the car show white interior.. How would you know any color details just from the block ?? or did you have other info about the car ?
JS27

anlauto

I ASSUME the block owner knows previous history of the car and I would ASSUME he knows the interior was changed to white  :dunno: Be a cool car with tan interior :drooling:

Mcdavid

Thats a good question js27 !

When I first found out I had a TA340 block, nobody believed it. So I googled ways to identify it.
One of AAR/TA registries got back to me, at some point in time he was contacted about the car.
He told me it would be coming up for auction eventually in a police or government auction.
So far it's the only one he had ever seen with Tor-Red and Tan Interior. Not to mention its 4 speed and black vinyl roof.

A car that color and in so many auctions was easy to find. One auction even had a picture of the build sheet.

Eventually I seen a story on Fox News about 800 million dollar Ponzi scheme car auction. 

I collect signs and gas pumps and pre 16 motorcycles ( I need a 1905-06 Thor engine also a 1910 Thiem engine ) 
If someone wants to trade some stuff and cash PM me Please Thanks

Mcdavid

Cheers Anlauto and js27

Hey does anyone make a repo tan interior?

anlauto

Quote from: Mcdavid on March 02, 2020, 07:50:47 AM
Cheers Anlauto and js27

Hey does anyone make a repo tan interior?

Seat covers, carpet, headliner, no problem, Legendary Auto Interiors....EVERYTHING else would have to be dyed tan. Herb's Auto carries nice interior paint just for that purpose. :drinkingbud:

I need a TA block for my AAR project, but shipping something like that to Ontario would be crazy :bigmoney: :headbang: