Main Menu

Cuda Challenger radio delete plate

Started by mccannix, April 24, 2019, 04:14:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

mccannix

Radio delete plate for All E-bodies except 1970 Challenger with standard dash.
I create these from a standard dash bezel and finish them with correct texture paint.
Indistinguishable from a real one once installed.
Have supplied many customers
$150.00 shipped from 13640 NY
mccannix1@gmail.com or contact me here.
Thanks
Terry

Cuda Cody

anlauto

This is a very nice product from the MASTER  :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda_mark

Very reasonable price too for something that is impossible to find.

cordodge

Looks great, I have an original just by luck

Mope70

Hi mccannix. I am new to the forum. I am interested in one of your radio delete plates for a challenger. I tried e-mailing a couple of times but my email isn't playing nice. I would very much like to speak with you when you have some time. Thank you. Paul

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70vert

@mccannix
I know this is an old thread, but it popped up from a search on Radio Delete. Hoping you're still around and doing these. I am interested in either purchasing one that you've made or any guidance for creating one myself. My car is not radio delete but it has no radio and I'd like to go that direction. My car is a 70 Challenger so has the "ribbed" panel, and I'm not sure how this piece fits with the other moulding. If anyone has pics of their radio delete example that would help me out!

If you prefer you can email me at rick.s.baker@att.net.

If I don't get any response I might start a new thread and try again.

Floyd

@70vert

Looks like you have the very desirable 8-track bezel there.  I would consider selling that if going with a radio delete option.  Nice condition 8-track bezels are worth some $$$ .  The 1970 Challenger standard radio bezel that would come with a AM, AM/FM, or radio-delete option is more readily available.

70vert

Quote from: Floyd on February 28, 2024, 04:15:17 PM@70vert

Looks like you have the very desirable 8-track bezel there.  I would consider selling that if going with a radio delete option.  Nice condition 8-track bezels are worth some $$$ .  The 1970 Challenger standard radio bezel that would come with a AM, AM/FM, or radio-delete option is more readily available.

Interesting, I've wondered why it was shaped like that. I don't have a build sheet but the VIN shows R11, which decodes as "2 watt AM radio (Music Master)". I bought the car many years ago and possible the previous owner or a dealer installed it. It did not have any radio there when I bought it.
Thanks for mentioning, I will definitely be careful removing. And post on here when I figure out how to block it off.

cuda hunter

I could have interest in the 8 track bezel.
I'm assuming your fender tag has R11 on it.

I'm curious, if yours is a 70 challenger with the ribs can anyone out there show a ribbed radio delete plate? I've not seen that one before.
Would the challenger radio delete have the standard delete plate instead of a ribbed one?

Factory delete plates are difficult to find.  I found one at carlisle nationals 3 years ago.  Ill see if I can find pictures of it. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

70vert

@cuda hunter
Yes correct, I said VIN but did mean the Fender tag is R11.
I am curious on those same questions, am really not an expert. Due to the condition when I bought it 30+ years ago, and I do not have the build sheet, it is not an OE/Numbers show car (mild resto-mod). So I'm not terribly concerned with taking some liberties. At this point I have no intention of buying and installing a radio and really just want the hole filled/covered.  8)
Thanks to all for responses and insight.

70 Challenger Lover

@70vert you mentioned wanting to know if the other years fit in your 70. They will interchange but the reason he stated them not being correct for 70 Challenger was simply that the 70 challenger had the vertical ribbing instead of a textured appearance so it would fit but not look quite right sitting next to the other ribbed dash pieces.

I have a 70 Challenger with the radio delete plate and having it out once before, I really don't see how anyone could reproduce it with the rib texture and make it look decent.

Another option worth considering is to swap in 71-74 Challenger non ribbed dash pieces (or any year Barracuda). If you swap to rallye gauges, those don't have ribbing so all that's left is the heater control piece.

mccannix

What 70 Challenger Lover says is all correct.
I dont know how anyone could create a ribbed delete plate
But something doesn't add up here.
Looks like your car has a rallye dash in the picture you posted
Ribbed radio surround plate or even ribbed delete plate only came with standard 120 mph dash in 1970 Challenger.
Is A62 rallye dash on you fender tag?
All rallye dash E-bodies had the textured radio surround plate or textured delete plate.
Either someone added the rallye dash, or someone added the ribbed plate there.

198D13

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 28, 2024, 07:36:29 PMI could have interest in the 8 track bezel.
I'm assuming your fender tag has R11 on it.

I'm curious, if yours is a 70 challenger with the ribs can anyone out there show a ribbed radio delete plate? I've not seen that one before.
Would the challenger radio delete have the standard delete plate instead of a ribbed one?

Factory delete plates are difficult to find.  I found one at carlisle nationals 3 years ago.  Ill see if I can find pictures of it.

I'll post a picture of one I have when I get home tonight, it is all ribbed. The plate is NOT a delete plate.  Delete would indicate that a radio was standard equipment in all E Bodies, and that someone decided that they were going to somehow cancel their order for a radio.  Radio's were always optional. So the plate indicates simply, that a radio was not ordered. It was NOT deleted.