Main Menu

Locking Gas Cap - SOLD

Started by gygeneral, August 05, 2017, 06:34:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

gygeneral

Here is a locking gas cap, pressure vacuum, I believe for N95 cars in 1970 and 1971 models. The locking works, I changed out the rubber seal for something close, as the original was cracked and hard. The original is included. The cap fits ok as I had it on my Challenger.

Cuda Cody

Man, you have some nice rare stuff.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

61K T/A

I think Scott Harms was looking for one.

Floyd

I found what I think is a closer match replacement gasket if anyone is looking.  You can harvest the gasket off Part #703-1110 Locking Fuel Cap for about $11.

Brads70

EV2RTSE

That's great info on the seal! Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a cap that doesn't lock any more - the tab washer inside is broken - does anyone know of a source for a new one? I wonder if any of those aftermarket caps use something similar.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: EV2RTSE on August 06, 2017, 06:27:18 AM
That's great info on the seal! Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a cap that doesn't lock any more - the tab washer inside is broken - does anyone know of a source for a new one? I wonder if any of those aftermarket caps use something similar.

I would bet on it....  Trick is to figure out which one without buying a dozen caps...

Floyd

I seem to remember Bob from Glen Ray radiators had that same issue and found a fix. 
It's been awhile, so I could be wrong....

gygeneral

Quote from: EV2RTSE on August 06, 2017, 06:27:18 AM

That's what I did to this one, I hand made that small piece, if you look closely in my original picture in the plastic bag you will see the broken one.

Yes good tip on the seal. I bought 3-4 different ones and I couldn't get that close

EV2RTSE

Nice! I had thought a little about making a washer out of sheetmetal but wasn't sure of the best way to make the square hole in the center. How did you go about making yours?

gygeneral

Quote from: EV2RTSE on August 06, 2017, 06:51:29 PM
Nice! I had thought a little about making a washer out of sheetmetal but wasn't sure of the best way to make the square hole in the center. How did you go about making yours?

Drilled a hole and then took a small square file and made the round hole square.

EV2RTSE

Thank you. Headed to Napa today for a cap, and Home Depot for a small file! I found these pictures on moparts in case anyone else is interested in fixing theirs.