Main Menu

Plug and play - Headlight Relay Kits

Started by crackedback, November 10, 2017, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

crackedback

Headlight relay kits that are essentially plug and play.   NO CUTTING OF YOUR CURRENT WIRING HARNESS REQUIRED!

There is a substantial increase in voltage at the headlight, increasing light output performance. Light output degrades exponentially with voltage input reductions. These kits also take headlight amp loads off the fragile bulkhead connector, headlight switch and amp gauge. Other kits out there suggest pulling power from a bad spot on our mopars.  The only headlight load flowing through the bulkhead is a minimal current required to trigger relays.

The kit includes:
Bosch/Tyco relays (no 1$ chinese relays)
Ceramic headlamp sockets
Fuses/fuse holders
12ga wire to feed/power relays
12 gauge power wire from relays to headlight wiring (no 14-18 gauge wire like factory, except 16ga to trigger relays)
All terminals for hook up to a std 1/4 alt stud and ground locations
Wiring would follow normal wiring harness paths and be covered with black shrink tube for most of the run lengths.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Road lamp relay kit is not included in the standard 2 and 4 headlight kits. There is an additional charge for a road lamp relay kit.

The kits I've built have relays mounted on the yoke (front or rear), under the battery tray and inner fender uprights.

Picture of the light output difference from a 71 Cuda. Both pictures are on low beam setting, Left - before, Right - after installation.

Another benefit that most users see are an improvement in dash light and marker light/turn signal brightness.

Some other things to consider.
Unless you buy wire in bulk, you'll have about $40+ before tax in different colored wire packages from a local auto store.

All kits I build are tested prior to shipping.

Kits for a 2 headlight vehicles are $135 + shipping.

Most 4 headlight vehicles are $160 + shipping.

The assembled kits fit nicely in a USPS flat rate box, shipping in the US would be in the $10-15 range. International shipping is available. Kits have been shipped to Canada, Spain, Italy, Germany, Australia, New Zealand and a few other countries. Most all shipping is done via US Postal Service unless other service is requested.

Kits with all products and wire required to build one yourself are $85 for a 2 headlight and $100 for a 4 headlight + shipping.

If you would like some other iteration of a kit, parts only, please PM me.

All items are shipped from Indio, CA

Thanks to all my customers, I appreciate your patronage!

crackedback

Just moving this one along.

Some of the other items I produce for our cars
Power Window relay kits
Power Top relays
AC compressor relay
Relays for anything else...  fuel pumps, fans, etc.
Alternator charge system wire arounds in 6 and 8ga
1/0 Battery Cables for trunk mount or std engine compartment

All my product are essentially plug and play... I try to make sure you NEVER have to cut an OEM harness to improve performance.

If it's electrical related I can likely help out with a solution.

Rob

crackedback

Some pics of the other things I build

1/0 Battery cables...  nope not OEM...

AC Compressor Relay kit

Power Windows

Hope everyone has a great Labor day weekend

Rob

crackedback

Have more materials to build kits.  Step right up!!!     :)

Rob

Thanks for the ad

Mr Lee

I just finished up my headlight relay kit from crackedback and its really kind of amazing how much more light comes out of the headlights just from changing the path of electricity a bit. The kit was well put together and easy to install.  Thought I'd share a few pics because I am really impressed with this.
My beams probably need a little adjusting but you can really see how much brighter they are.
My dash lights are brighter too.

Low beams before

After:

High beams before

After:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

cuda hunter

thanks for posting your pics and experience! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Burdar

@crackedback

What's your current pricing on convertible top relay kits?(68 Dart)  I know we talked about this before but I never got around to ordering one.  Do you usually put the relays back by the pump?  This would require a power wire to run along the rocker the entire length of the car.  Then you'd use the original harness(two wires)from the top switch to turn on the relays.

Challenger in NC

Chryco Psycho

Burdar

@crackedback

QuoteWhat's your current pricing on convertible top relay kits?(68 Dart)  I know we talked about this before but I never got around to ordering one.  Do you usually put the relays back by the pump?  This would require a power wire to run along the rocker the entire length of the car.  Then you'd use the original harness(two wires)from the top switch to turn on the relays.

crackedback

Quote from: Burdar on May 14, 2020, 05:31:13 AM
@crackedback

QuoteWhat's your current pricing on convertible top relay kits?(68 Dart)  I know we talked about this before but I never got around to ordering one.  Do you usually put the relays back by the pump?  This would require a power wire to run along the rocker the entire length of the car.  Then you'd use the original harness(two wires)from the top switch to turn on the relays.

That is about spot on.   I pull power at the starter relay for the vert top pump.
Mount relays on side of pump saddle.
Factory harness is plug and play with relay set up.
I can place a fuseholder or fusible link in the power line.

Usually 85ish for the kit + shipping.  You've bought other products, so I'd discount it some as a customer loyalty deal.

Rob

@Burdar

B and A Bill

crackedback

Checking in and still building the electrical components.   Thanks for the ad space.

Rob

SpeedD408

1971 Cuda - 383, Rallye Red, Rallye Cluster, Disc Brakes, Rear Defogger, A/C, Road Lamps, AM/FM Radio
Tag #1- N1B FE5 H6XW V1W A01 A62 B51 C16 C55 G11 G36 H31 H51 J25 J45 J54 L25 L31 L34 M21 M25 M31 M88 N41
Tag #2- N42 N85 R35 26