Main Menu

SOLD: Kelsey tire Goodyear Polyglas F60-15

Started by 76orangewagon, July 23, 2019, 05:50:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

76orangewagon

SOLD: I ran these Kelsey reproduction Goodyear Polyglas F60-15 tires for 1 season and only put 300 miles on them, they still retain all of their original tread (11/32"). I am only selling these so I can purchase the correct sized E60-15 for my build. These cost $325 each at Summit Racing... so a set of tires that would cost you $1300 and I'm selling these like "New" take-off tires for $750.00 local pick up or I can deliver to the Mopar Nationals. Location: Akron, Ohio 44305 P.M if interested.

anlauto

:banana: :banana: :banana: Thank you, thank you, thank you for using the CORRECT size tires on your E Body restoration  :worship: :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

76orangewagon

Quote from: anlauto on July 23, 2019, 05:51:42 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: Thank you, thank you, thank you for using the CORRECT size tires on your E Body restoration  :worship: :worship:
Well for some darn reason the E60-15 are now $401.00 each  :thumbdown:

anlauto

Quote from: 76orangewagon on July 23, 2019, 05:54:26 PM
Quote from: anlauto on July 23, 2019, 05:51:42 PM
Well for some darn reason the E60-15 are now $401.00 each  :thumbdown:

Because they fit an E Body....everything costs more  :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

70 Challenger Lover

Wish I was closer. I'd love a set of those on my Barracuda. So many deals outside of California.

76orangewagon

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on July 23, 2019, 06:03:17 PM
Wish I was closer. I'd love a set of those on my Barracuda. So many deals outside of California.

A few years ago I shipped a set of 2015 Dodge Challenger wheels and tires to California...I think it cost the buyer close to $200 through UPS.

70 Challenger Lover

I think it's even more today. A dual scoop air cleaner now costs me over $50 to ship a similar distance. Shipping has become so expensive in the past couple years that I've stopped selling on eBay for the most part.

Manuel

Hello,

Since you are on the tire topic...

Have a 1971 Cuda with a 340 on it.     It has been mine since 1974 but have not been quite active on it.
Need new tires and my question is,
Would putting BF Goodrich TA tires instead of Goodyear Polyglas make much difference if I ever take it to a show and it gets scored by a judge?

Thanks,

Manuel

Chryco Psycho

Welcome Manuel from Panama
I am sure you would lose points in a judged show
For what it is worth I would not put BFGarbae on my lawn mower tho , they are a poor tire why not use a Mickey Thompson or Cooper Cobra ?

Manuel

Tks Panama,

I do not know much about cars.

Lets see if I understand.    BF Goodrich polyglass is not such a good  tire (what is not good enough with them?)  and because of that you would not receive good points for having them on your car.  That so?
For some reason I thought they fitted the classic style of that era and that was taken into account.

The brands you mention are not only good tires but also go along well with say this classic car if that is taken into consideration while judging the car correct?

Manuel

Cooper Cobra look quite nice.

Any other points of view on al this guys?

anlauto

In a judged event. anything but Polyglas will deduct points. :alan2cents:

There are some people that hate BFG's for problems they have experience with them, and there are people who love them....you see a heck of a lot of cars running them  :dunno: so maybe it's just a matter of personal taste.

Manuel

Kind of what I thought Anlauto, thank you.

So, I will plan on purchasing Polyglass.

Presently have P255/60 R15 in the rear and P245´s up front.  I like having wider tires in the back, would that cost me points?

What is the correct size of Polyglass to put  on my 71   Cuda 340 to be by the rules to say so?

6bblgt

the factory correct 15" tire for a 1971 340 'cuda (383 & 440+6 included) is an E60-15 Goodyear Polyglas GT (roughly 225/60/15)

the factory correct 15" tire for a 1971 hemi 'cuda is a F60-15 Goodyear Polyglas GT (roughly 235/60/15)

anlauto

I don't know how judging works at the shows you plan to attend, but I would think that in a stock original class, anything that is not correct would deduct points ??

Polyglas tires is a positive thing, but the wrong size is a negative thing, is it not ???  :dunno: