Main Menu

Textured Rear Window Molding

Started by Aar1064, December 18, 2018, 09:23:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Aar1064

I have an original set of the textured rear window trim for Barracudas. They are dent free.

$400 and buyer pays shipping.

Located in Ashland City, TN

1 Wild R/T

Cool, rare part at a very fair price IMO...

cuda hunter

I agree.  Very hard to find. 
I've got two sets now and I paid 500 each set. 
These won't last long. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Aar1064

anlauto

I should buy these only because I have a line on a car that calls for them and they're missing.....only problem is, the line is so thin and long I may NEVER get the car.... :crying: :crying: :crying: and be stuck with expensive window trim...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Claudia

First time I have seen these . . . what determined if the car was to receive these?  :huh:

GoodysGotaCuda

These are exterior parts? I've never seen that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

anlauto

Grand Coupe's got them but more importantly 70-71 Cudas optioned with Rear window louvers got them, and that's what drives the price up. :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Aar1064

Quote from: anlauto on January 14, 2019, 12:23:50 PM
Grand Coupe's got them but more importantly 70-71 Cudas optioned with Rear window louvers got them, and that's what drives the price up. :headbang:

My AAR is a factory rear window louver car but it has stainless trim on it. I too was thinking that louvered cars got this trim and before removing the trim I ran across these and picked them up with plans to swap them. I realized later upon removing what was on car that they were put on at factory. Sad to say I didn't put them on because they are very nice pieces but don't feel like they should be there.

I've only seen them on Gran Coupes.

Jay Bee

Quote from: Aar1064 on January 14, 2019, 06:43:29 PM
My AAR is a factory rear window louver car
Is your car a vinyl top car. I thought these went on vinyl top cars with window louvers.

cuda hunter

Quote from: Jay Bee on January 14, 2019, 06:53:36 PM
Is your car a vinyl top car. I thought these went on vinyl top cars with window louvers.

They do.

maybe some didn't get them from the factory like they were supposed to.
Its' bugging me that they are still for sale.  Seems like I need another set.  :help: :haha:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

All Cuda's with rear window louvers should have got a vinyl top, yet that "rule" is not very clear. The book says that when ordering rear window louvers on a Cuda you must order a black vinyl top...But some experts say it's mean IF a vinyl top was ordered it had to be black...not that you had to order a top...confusing I know. :looney:

anlauto

My AAR is a factory rear window louver car but it has stainless trim on it. I too was thinking that louvered cars got this trim and before removing the trim I ran across these and picked them up with plans to swap them. I realized later upon removing what was on car that they were put on at factory. Sad to say I didn't put them on because they are very nice pieces but don't feel like they should be there.

How did you confirm that yours were "put on by the factory" ? :huh:

Aar1064

Yes it's a vinyl top car.

Aar1064

Quote from: anlauto on January 14, 2019, 07:41:42 PM

How did you confirm that yours were "put on by the factory" ? :huh:

Just an educated guess. Rear glass is date coded correct so more than likely never replaced. No reason to remove trim aside from replacing glass. The sealant around glass was sloppy, thick, and hard. So thick that it was really tough to just remove the trim. Windshield was the same way.

I really can't say I'm 100% sure but pretty confident that it didn't come with the textured trim. Probably should have. I've tried to find a code for the textured trim but have come up empty handed. Build sheet has two codes related to the louvers. A67 Rear window louver package which I'm not sure what "package" consists of and J68 which is the louvers.

:notsure: