Main Menu

171 master cylinder

Started by FC7 cuda, June 02, 2017, 01:46:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

FC7 cuda

anlauto

Put me on that list....I could use four of them right now :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71GranCoupe

Cuda Cody

That's a pretty rare one.  But they do pop up from time to time.   :fingerscrossed:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

71GranCoupe

Quote from: anlauto on June 02, 2017, 03:39:52 PM
Quote from: 71GranCoupe on June 02, 2017, 03:08:36 PM
All it takes is  :takemymoney: :takemymoney: :takemymoney: :takemymoney:

I've got the money (customer's money) :rofl:

How much do they want to spend? If they aren't any cheaper than this one, I would hate to give them the bill. Crazy, only $985 to your door + taxes.  :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2229171-Mopar-Master-Cylinder-/222083093143?hash=item33b52f1297:g:vjsAAOSwLEtYg9Q1&vxp=mtr

Cuda Cody

That's the Ram Man.  Nice guy.  He does charge full boat for his stuff.  But it normally works good... I guess it should for that price.

JH27N0B

71GranCoupe

Quote from: JH27N0B on June 02, 2017, 08:27:29 PM
Make an offer on this one.... :unbelievable:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Takeoff-1970-Challenger-TA-Cuda-AAR-440-6-Master-Cylinder-March-1970-Dated-/292119285595?hash=item4403aa8f5b:g:xgwAAOSwYvFZHLep&vxp=mtr
I had an NOS early April of 70 one until recently.  It's on my T/A now so no longer "new"!

Holy &%$#@, that makes the $900+ one a bargain.  :looney:

750-h2

I recently found one for 375.00 cdn. Looked good but cost me another $300cdn for a rebuild including installing a stainless steel sleeve. Until I saw this thread I thought I had paid too much. Seems like not that bad of a deal now. :thinking: 

anlauto

Quote from: 750-h2 on June 03, 2017, 04:27:56 AM
I recently found one for 375.00 cdn. Looked good but cost me another $300cdn for a rebuild including installing a stainless steel sleeve. Until I saw this thread I thought I had paid too much. Seems like not that bad of a deal now. :thinking:

Yea ...I agree, the last couple I bought I paid about the same. If the Ram Man wasn't US dollars I would consider it. Mopoly is out to lunch ast $3K

FC7 cuda

I missed a core on craigslist for 250...what is a close match ?

JH27N0B

The closest OEM match is the '67-70 A body disc brake master cylinder.  It has casting number 2225541 and I'd describe it as being a 7/8 scale replica of the 9171. Same 1" bore size, it's just a little smaller overall.
It was used on both A body manual and power disc.  So you sometimes see them advertised with mounting studs in the flange and a pushrod.  You could remove the studs and pushrod and install on a booster.
Aftermarket, nothing looks that close.  The B body disc is OK, but has a taller narrower reservoir.  It's a 1-1/8 bore.  I had one on my convertible for a while and felt the rear brakes were a bit touchy, quick to lock with it, but OK overall.

Cuda Cody

Shouldn't most parts houses carry a replacement?  I check Rock Auto and they have a bunch of brand new ones.  And they are only around $35.  Might be a good option to use until you can find an original.   :alan2cents:

http://www.rockauto.com/?a=ebodies

1 Wild R/T

I've been running a aftermarket for 20+ years... Back then I could still find 171's pretty easy & I should have rat holes dozens.. But I care more about a car that works properly than a car that scores points at judged events..