Main Menu

70 Cuda hood latch striker needed

Started by dwiley41, November 22, 2019, 06:05:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dwiley41

First time posting so need help with this one... I have a 70 Barracuda Gran Coupe and I am having a difficult time finding a hood latch striker... the small part that mounts on the hood.. Any help is appreciated.

Dan :notsure:
D Moose

JS29

:welcome: @dwiley41  to the best E-Body forum. I have a 70 gran coup, 383 4-speed. let's hear about yours.  :handshake:

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama  :wave:
The latch is 70 specific , someone here should be able to help you  :bigthumb:

Jay Bee

I'm a bit unsure exactly which one you are looking for, #1 or #2.

anlauto

If it's #1 you need, ALL 1970-1974 Cudas are the same so it should be an easy find, same with #2 in John's picture. If it's the latch itself (not shown) ...that's a one year 1970 only piece which is harder to find.  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dwiley41

I actually need both.. Just installed a new AAR hood from Stinger and really needing these parts.. Anyone have them lying around?.......thanks for your responses, the picture helps a lot as well
D Moose

dwiley41

My son found a 1970 Gran Coupe on Craigslist about a year ago...no engine and drive train but did have the 8-3/4 rear  in the car.. mostly complete but the front clip was missing. We picked the car up for $2200 but it is a complete restoration. Since it does not have the original drive train we are doing a restomod. Bodywork is near complete and it was almost rust free except for r/s lower quarter panel.  We are just about ready to install it on a rotisserie so we can finish the underside.  The last picture was when we bought the car... :crying:
D Moose

anlauto

Cool project !
Just so you know....AAR's from the factory never used any type of hood latch, they relied on the hood pins only.

I would be suprized if your new hood had provisions to mount the slatches :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

dwiley41

The Stinger AAR Hood actuall does have the provisions for both hood latches.. It is also strengthened to prevent the bowing that the originals had problems with.. Not cheap though.
About 1k
D Moose

anlauto

Ah, that's good to know, thanks for sharing. :cheers:

Jay Bee

Even though #1 in my picture is the same for all years it is date coded. Just thought I'd mention that in case you weren't aware or if it even matters to you.

xx88man

Did you find a striker? Can anyone tell me if all E-body ones are the same?? I have one here. It's from an E-body but not sure if it came from a Cuda or Challenger. Looks the same as the one on my Challenger
Keep yer foot in it

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

dwiley41

I have not found one yet... I'd like to buy one if your's is for sale.. I have not bought anything from this site yet so I would need some guidance on how to accomplish that.
Dan...
D Moose

xx88man

Quote from: dwiley41 on January 01, 2020, 09:41:01 AM
I have not found one yet... I'd like to buy one if your's is for sale.. I have not bought anything from this site yet so I would need some guidance on how to accomplish that.
Dan...

Just contact the seller and figure out the details. I sent you a Personal Message. Just look near the top of your page for "Messages"
Keep yer foot in it