Main Menu

70 front disc hubs *FOUND**UPDATE**

Started by 0cha, March 20, 2021, 08:46:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

0cha

Hi,

Looking for 70 front disc hubs. I need both sides, I am going back to the two piece. I don't necessarily need the rotors but I will take them if it is easier as an assembly.  Thanks

MoparLeo

How about a  :welcome: aboard. What do you have or just a question ?
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

0cha

Found very quickly  :banana: Thanks E bodies great site.

anlauto

@0cha do you have a source for the rotors ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

0cha

No, I do not. I switched to the one piece 73-74 rotor and spindle about 15 yrs ago. I just want to go back original, my original rotors are useable but I could not find my hubs anywhere :dunno:. If you have a source new rotors would be great :bigthumb:

anlauto

No, that's the problem. I've NEVER been able to find a source for the replacement rotor for the 70-71 two piece design  :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

tman

anlauto

Quote from: tman on March 21, 2021, 09:34:16 PM
They do make one piece replacement for the 2 piece 70-71.  At least they used to.

https://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/threads/stock-brake-rebuild-on-70-challenger-w-factory-disc-brakes.10685/#post-59286

I'm pretty sure you can still get those but they were about 10 times the price of a 72-74 rotor :bigmoney:

tman

Quote from: anlauto on March 22, 2021, 04:02:32 AM
Quote from: tman on March 21, 2021, 09:34:16 PM
They do make one piece replacement for the 2 piece 70-71.  At least they used to.

https://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/threads/stock-brake-rebuild-on-70-challenger-w-factory-disc-brakes.10685/#post-59286

I'm pretty sure you can still get those but they were about 10 times the price of a 72-74 rotor :bigmoney:

Just checked Rockauto, they are $53 ea and Raybestos is $43 ea.  So these are reasonable prices. 

0cha

That is not bad. Thank you guys for the info. :smile: 

mk

Quote from: anlauto on March 21, 2021, 07:27:00 PM
No, that's the problem. I've NEVER been able to find a source for the replacement rotor for the 70-71 two piece design  :pullinghair:

They have been available for the last couple years...... just ordered a set of replacement rotors to fit my original 70 E body 2 piece hub/rotor setup  today.

anlauto

Quote from: mk on March 22, 2021, 04:05:26 PM
Quote from: anlauto on March 21, 2021, 07:27:00 PM

They have been available for the last couple years...... just ordered a set of replacement rotors to fit my original 70 E body 2 piece hub/rotor setup  today.

Okay...share the info, Where did you get them and what is the part number and brand name ?

tman

Centric and Raybestos.  There is a 3rd brand, you can look it up at Rockauto.com

FE5CUDA

The original style two piece rotors are NOT available from any company except "The Ram Man" Wayne Brown.  He had a run made of just the rotor, not sure if he has any left.

0cha

Be careful if your working with mikebodies. He said he had the hubs and sent pictures quickly. I paid him on 03-21-21 He said they were sent on 03-22-2021. He is unable to tell me what state it was sent from and what carrier was used and he says he has the tracking number but will not share it with me. :clueless:
I was able to find a different set from someone that gave me all the information the first guy was not. :banana: :perfect10: