Main Menu

clutch fan

Started by cuda hunter, May 25, 2020, 07:34:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jamesroney

Sorry, it's just a regular fan.  Or at least what was a regular fan from 1930 to 1990.
Now every vehicle made has some kind of thermally controlled fan...so "regular" now means something different.

This Mopar 2863224 is a good example of an 18 inch direct drive fan.  The blade protrudes forward 1-1/8 inches from the mounting surface.

Flex-a-lite makes a nice aftermarket 18 inch flat front fan...

BS23N0E

cuda hunter

thanks, that's what I figured it was but was not sure. 
So that is pretty much the only option I have until I change my K and drive line components.   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Topcat

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 30, 2020, 01:52:47 PM

finding a big block A body K frame is not easy either. And I know I should probably be asking these q's over on FABO but in reality, that site sucks and I like you guys.

I saw before that Al Debevic fabs K members for Big blocks into A Bodies.

cuda hunter

Is that over on Fabo? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Topcat

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 30, 2020, 03:47:52 PM
Is that over on Fabo?

I'm getting a red flag on my computer saying don't go to FABO.    :notsure:

But I recall a picture of him doing one.

Topcat

Found this link under Schumacher Creative Enterprises.   :rofl:

Al Debevec - Specializing in A-Body Hemi K-member fabrication, 715-267-7141

71vert340

Stock 18" Mopar 7 blade fan with clutch.
Terry

cuda hunter

Quote from: Topcat on May 30, 2020, 04:13:54 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on May 30, 2020, 03:47:52 PM
Is that over on Fabo?
I'm getting a red flag on my computer saying don't go to FABO.    :notsure:
But I recall a picture of him doing one.

I'm getting the same red flags at all the for only sites.  I"m sure they will fix the problem soon.

cuda hunter

Quote from: Topcat on May 30, 2020, 04:16:10 PM
Found this link under Schumacher Creative Enterprises.   :rofl:

Al Debevec - Specializing in A-Body Hemi K-member fabrication, 715-267-7141

Thanks for the info!

cuda hunter

Quote from: 71vert340 on May 30, 2020, 05:53:40 PM
Stock 18" Mopar 7 blade fan with clutch.
Terry

That definitely won't fit.  Now I'm in a conundrum.  Spiraling deeper and deeper into the check book.   :crying:

TONY

TONY, If yours only measure 1 5/8"  I am probably going to go with yours since it will actually fit. 

yes I know I need to buy a k frame, buy a new drive shaft, get an exhaust shop(100 miles away) to cut and weld, buy new motor mounts, pull motor and trans.  That's in the thousands of dollars so I'm hoping I can get away with at least fixing this problem for less than a 100 bucks with a clutch, fan new hoses, maybe a new radiator to bump the cost up a little bit.   

finding a big block A body K frame is not easy either. And I know I should probably be asking these q's over on FABO but in reality, that site sucks and I like you guys.

i made a mistake, the fan clutch measures 2-1/2" from the flange on the back to the front of a cooling fin.

im sorry about my brain fart, dont know what i was thinking about.
20 lashes for me

anlauto

Quote from: TONY on May 31, 2020, 07:23:37 AM
TONY, If yours only measure 1 5/8"  I am probably going to go with yours since it will actually fit. 

yes I know I need to buy a k frame, buy a new drive shaft, get an exhaust shop(100 miles away) to cut and weld, buy new motor mounts, pull motor and trans.  That's in the thousands of dollars so I'm hoping I can get away with at least fixing this problem for less than a 100 bucks with a clutch, fan new hoses, maybe a new radiator to bump the cost up a little bit.   

i made a mistake, the fan clutch measures 2-1/2" from the flange on the back to the front of a cooling fin.

im sorry about my brain fart, dont know what i was thinking about.
20 lashes for me

Funny....I have one from TONY on the shelf here...I went and measured it, and couldn't figure out where he was getting that number from :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

I"m stuck with a regular fan then until I can get a big block K frame.  Makes that decision pretty simple.