Main Menu

Driver quarter belt molding

Started by nsmall, January 06, 2018, 10:38:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

Mine is beautiful and straight.  It has a hole in it which may be a 70 only issue.  Well I am hunting for one that has no hole.

@Roadman

Been on eBay and no luck.  Only passenger side trim. 

Attached are pics of mine I'll gladly trade. Or I'll just buy yours.  Thanks

71GranCoupe

Not a factory hole, this was done by a prior owner who did an amateur attachment. Good ones are out there.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Did you want reproduction or original ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

nsmall

Alan, you are alive!

I'm looking for original and I should have probably just taken your advice as you gave me some before about buying reproduction but I already have an entire set of original polished and straightened out but this hole is bothering me.

Thanks and welcome back.

nsmall

@Burdar @anlauto

Any idea if 73 Cudas had a mounting tab for the quarter belt molding?  https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/cuda-belt-moulding-mounting-tab/4427/

I dont have a tab on either pieces of trim I own.  Is it completely necessary to have the mounting tab? :notsure:

I just figured using two mounting tabs I have per each side and calling it a day... https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/cuda-belt-moulding-mounting-tab/4427/

Thanks

nsmall

Okay, upon looking at the tab and numerous pics online, I do have the mounting hole s for the tab on my Cuda.  Now I need to find the stinking mounting tabs.  Thanks

DOES ANYONE REPRODUCE THE TABS for the quarter trim?  @realn96 @76orangewagon You copy?

Thanks

anlauto

Yes they would use tabs...hard to find and nobody making them that I know of ? :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

nsmall

Found an OEM one and it has a tab!!!!

I'll just make a passenger one so this thread is dead.  Thanks everyone.

HEMICUDA

If the originals you have had the anodizing removed, I can promise you they will oxidize rather quickly and look very dull.  Don't ask me how I know that.  The bright dip anodizing was a coating to prevent oxidation.

nsmall

Thanks Hemicuda.  Unfortunately you are probably right, they have been straightened and polished so I will hope for the best I guess.  I guess I will enjoy them and try to keep them clean. 

HEMICUDA

Quote from: nsmall on January 09, 2018, 11:03:28 PM
Thanks Hemicuda.  Unfortunately you are probably right, they have been straightened and polished so I will hope for the best I guess.  I guess I will enjoy them and try to keep them clean.

To be honest with you, I did that, you don't want to have to remove them off a painted done car after they start looking like crap.  Trust me, doesn't matter how clean you keep the trim, it won't be long before you go back and remember this thread.

realn96

I have never tried this product before but I hear it works good.

http://www.shineseal.com/index.htm