Main Menu

Fender Shims

Started by 71vert340, December 19, 2019, 11:29:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: cudaize on December 20, 2019, 05:42:20 PM

In regards to the u shaped shims, on the 71 Barracudas I took apart which I don't believe had fender work done, these shims were actually large diameter round washers about 1" in diameter.  There were at least two different thicknesses some about 1/16' and some almost 3/16" thick.

I only remember the thick round ones as well.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

71vert340

Here's some round ones I've pulled off Challengers over the years besides the U shaped Shims. The thick one came off of a 70 R/T (orange metallic). The middle one came off my 71 (blue)mixed with a U shaped one. The yellow one came off of a yellow 72 Rallye. I don't think there's any year or plant specific way of shim use.
Terry

69BFan

We had these made up for several shops that had requested them as duplicates of originals that we had documented.  If you guys need dimensions, let me know and I will measure them tomorrow when I can put my hands on them.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.