Main Menu

Looking for a Ground Wire For A 70 CUDA

Started by Convertcuda, May 31, 2018, 07:46:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Convertcuda

Looking for the ground wire that goes from the passenger tail light to the side marker light. Need ASAP to finish my car.

Looking for a mint #100 Jack Hook.

Top price paid for the parts.

Thanks Ken 715-432-5080

anlauto

Do you have a picture of the wire in place ? Is it an early production thing ? I don't recall ever seeing one on a 70 Cuda.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Convertcuda

Yep, I will get a picture posted soon.

Ken

Convertcuda

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

fc7cuda

Part# is right on the wire.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: fc7cuda on June 01, 2018, 04:39:19 AM
Part# is right on the wire.

Yep, that's the one, just put mine on my AAR yesterday.

anlauto

What's the part number ?
Does anybody have a picture of a survivor or unrestored car with it in place ?

AAR#2

Initial release date of the drawing was Feb of 69, however, it appears to carry a revisions block on the bottom and the last change being 9/6/70. My copy is so poor I can't make out what it says for changes. Normally the change block states minimal info due to space, if fortunate it may carry a brief indicator of the change. Maybe someone with a better copy can look for clues.

What I can confirm is that my mid March AAR did not have a jumper. I see folks put these on all the time with no confirmation their car ever had one.

pink aar

I took a cuda apart build in May of 70 and it didn't have one either?????  INTERESTING

fc7cuda

mike ketterer

750-h2

I would think that they all would need this wire including Challengers to ground the sidelights? With the foam between the bezel and body and then all the under coating inside the 1/4 panel there is no practical way to ground the side light bezel without this ground wire.  :thinking:

anlauto

Lemontwist

You can make your own for a lot less.  Just take off the insulator on the end and crimp the wire shut.
About .50 to do it
Drew