Main Menu

Need a/c vents

Started by HP2, May 21, 2017, 09:33:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

HP2

Need to see if anyone out there has a center register set and a driver side register for a/c in a  72-74 Challenger. Mine center one is in decent shape, but all the fins are missing from one of the registers. Driver's side one is  kinda beat up. Not a concourse restoration by any means, but I'd like to have functional vanes in them. I.E. they don't have to be pretty, but functional.

What's out there?  PM  me here.

Cuda Cody

How is the 70/71 different from the 72+ ones?  Is the drivers side different from Rallye and non Rallye gauges?

HP2

No idea, but so much other stuff between them seems different.

Driver's side is below the standard/rallye cluster, so they should be the same between the two models.

Mine actually is is decent shape, but the fins are all missing out of one of the center units. I'd take a broken vent so long as all the  fins where good.

nsmall

If you don't find some let me know as I have some still installed in my Dash I just recently took out of my car.

My new Dash does not have ac vents so I'm willing to part with them.

I'll try to post some pictures but I'm just super busy right now.

I have a 73 Cuda so I'm assuming they're all the same.

Thanks

EV2RTSE

EV2RTSE

HP2

EV2RTSE, thanks for all the clarification. That is a huge help!

EV2RTSE

Glad I could help. I found I do have an extra register for the driver's side control panel, and I checked and it is definitely the same part for either the standard dash or rallye dash panel. If you can use it send me a PM.

nsmall

Sorry.  I was thinking of a vent on the center of the dash so I don't have one available.   Thanks

HP2

Awesome! PM sent.

nsmall, I do need a center one as well.

YYZ

FYI - the vents in the center register can be substituted with ones from a '71-4 B-body, which should be more plentiful.

You will need to keep your E-body surround, but you can swap in the pivoting section with minimal effort.

Also, the passenger side vent is very similar but does not have the control knob to shut off the airflow.  It can be eliminated, or if you don't mind doing a minor hack, a black zip tie can be used to hold the knob and shaft in place.

HP2

Got the vents I need. Thanks everyone who helped out along the way.

nsmall

I'm glad to hear you got what you wanted. Sorry I have been able to get back to you. I literally haven't been out in my garage in like a month.  It's driving me crazy.

HP2

No problem.  I had sent out a blast email to a bunch of local people I knew and got no response. I lucked into them over the weekend while helping out a friend who forgot he had some sitting in boxes.

Cuda Cody

In case anyone else needs AC Vents, I just saw these come up on eBay:

[ebay]263011939354[/ebay]

[ebay]263011991528[/ebay]