Main Menu

Need help finding Door Latch's & Drivers side Trunk Lid Torque Rod

Started by 70cudaFun, October 30, 2017, 09:17:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70cudaFun

Hi Guys,

I started looking for aftermarket drivers and passenger door latches but haven't been able to find an aftermarket supplier that makes these for a 70 Barracuda.  Same story goes for a set (or just the drivers side) trunk lid torque rods.  Anyone know of a new reproduction someone makes or do I have to find a good used set for both door latches and the rods?  I have both latches so I could also give a nice cleaning if I don't find a new set but I'm missing the drivers torque rod.  I checked Classic Industries, Year One, AMD, Roseville, Mancini's, Summit, eBay and nada.

Thanks

Sean

autoxcuda

I thought Herbs Parts or PG Classics sells reproduction latches.

Is there something wrong with yours?
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Chryco Psycho

I would start with @MoparDave @ Roseville
@Roadman  may be able to help you find parts too

MoparDave

Door latches 70 and 71-4 and the trunk rods NO one makes them. these will have to be salvaged from a donor.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

70cudaFun

Thank you Roadman.  I did see these on eBay too and they look like originals that have been cleaned up really well.  The price is a little steep for these!  :bigmoney:

I guess I have to find the Drivers Side Trunk Torque rod that is missing and clean up the door latches I have.  If you know anyone with that Torque rod, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

70cudaFun

I checked both those vendors just now and didn't see it on the website.  Thanks for the input anyway.  The door latches I have were painted and don't work well anymore.  I initially thought it would be easier to buy a new set but had no idea door latches were hard to find and very expensive should I find a set.  I thought one of the parts companies would have made a reproduction model.

Roadman

Quote from: 70cudaFun on October 31, 2017, 06:42:47 AM
Thank you Roadman.  I did see these on eBay too and they look like originals that have been cleaned up really well.  The price is a little steep for these!  :bigmoney:

I guess I have to find the Drivers Side Trunk Torque rod that is missing and clean up the door latches I have.  If you know anyone with that Torque rod, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.
I never see the torque rods, it's a part, among others on my list. You will be the first to know.  :bradsthumb:

HP_Cuda

Wow I didn't know the extras I had were priced that high.

I will have to check with a buddy first and give him first shot and if he doesn't want them I'm sure we come to an arrangement.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

70cudaFun

Quote from: HP_Cuda on October 31, 2017, 10:46:49 AM

Wow I didn't know the extras I had were priced that high.

I will have to check with a buddy first and give him first shot and if he doesn't want them I'm sure we come to an arrangement.

Sounds good, thank you.