Main Menu

SE top of door trim retainers needed

Started by Shawn, August 20, 2018, 09:55:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

autoxcuda

Quote from: 750-h2 on August 21, 2018, 11:18:17 AM
I paid about $10.00 for all the clips to install door and 1/4 mouldings on my SE. If the glass is out you can use " butterfly clips that are threaded and secured with a nut, these are readily available at any auto body store. With the windows out of the door you can reach the nuts to tighten them up as long as you use the factory location for the holes. This is not easy but very doable. Both front and back clips for the door mouldings are easy to make, just cut a piece of sheet metal that will slide inside the moulding, drill a 3/16 hole through it and JB weld a nut on top of the hole.   :cheers:

I can see that working.

Also. Inknow someone that used hood pad retainers on a extremely limited funds deal.

Very curious if this would work, I just went in my garage and borrowed a hood pad retainer from my 68 Barracuda.

It's a little loose side to side unmodified. They get loose at the very last/rear h and front 12" or so. On the front and rearmost he turned them and cut them to fit. In the front he bent a 90 deg to make up for the edge height difference.

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Shawn

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on August 21, 2018, 09:19:21 AM
There is no SE convertibles...     SE is a 29 body code... Convertible is a 27 body code....  A convertible with the upgraded trim has package A62... The trim pieces from the doors forward are the same hardtop or vert.... FWIW the two fillers from the door to the convertible well are very hard to come by....

You're right, it has become a bad habit of mine to call this trim SE.
Thanks for the tune up.

Shawn

I think we may have located them all used out of Canada, we'll see when they arrive.

70/6chall

Not sure if these fasteners are what your referring to. After looking at the photos of the fasteners that were needed, it dawned on me that I had a bag of clips something like the ones pictured. The ones I have look something like the fastener in the center of the three. These are the only ones I have, about 9 of them, they are used but, OEM that I've had for a very long time. The second type are a little different but newer in appearance, I believe they've never been used, and I have 40 of these. OK guys help me out here, can anyone identify these fasteners? Check pics out.  Thanks,   Al

Fastmark

Hey Al. I sent you a PM but after looking closer to yours, I think they are made for holes that are bigger than the holes on the top of the doors. I'll still at my NOS clips.

Challenger in NC

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on August 21, 2018, 02:34:26 PM
Quote from: Shawn Cary on August 20, 2018, 09:55:34 PM
Hello, I'm in need of the retainers to secure the SE top of door trim for 70 challenger convertible.
I haven't found supplier for new, or any used ones for that matter.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.jimsautoparts.com/molding_clips.htm

Wasn't this kit (DM-CK701CH) supposedly $89.95 back in 2013? Now it's $299.95? Was this the same kit?

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Challenger in NC on September 15, 2018, 12:49:07 PM
Hello, I'm in need of the retainers to secure the SE top of door trim for 70 challenger convertible.

Wasn't this kit (DM-CK701CH) supposedly $89.95 back in 2013? Now it's $299.95? Was this the same kit?
Very pricey !!! I went ahead and bought a set. BUT what can you do?
Get in, I'll drive

autoxcuda

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on September 17, 2018, 09:49:59 AM

Wow.

Does that kit even come with the square front clip that has the fine thread flat head screw?

Does it have the rear clip with the stud?
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Timbbuc2

Quote from: autoxcuda on September 17, 2018, 01:58:12 PM
Quote from: Timbbuc2 on September 17, 2018, 09:49:59 AM

Wow.

Does that kit even come with the square front clip that has the fine thread flat head screw?

Does it have the rear clip with the stud?
I have not opened the kit as of yet, out of the country. 
Get in, I'll drive