Main Menu

WTB - 70 Challenger Original Drum Brake Master Cylinder Cap

Started by schlett7nu1, June 26, 2020, 01:55:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

schlett7nu1

Both the master and cap look to be originals.  If you remove the clamp you can confirm there are vent holes as shown in the posted Dave Wise image.

7E-Bodies

@schlett7nu1 I have a few oddball MCs in a brake parts bin. I'll check them tomorrow when I'm in my shop. If I find one, you're certainly welcome to it.

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

schlett7nu1

C_B5

For Reference here's an NOS master cylinder from my parts stash

In the original box never installed for 1970 models with 4-wheel drum brakes

Correct Bendix master cylinder with cast # 2225601 on bottom and Chrysler part #2808577 on box

C_B5

Original lid - with hold down clamp in place and removed
Note lid has the vent holes

Another way to ID an original lid that Dave Wise does not point out in his guide. The originals have 2 square corners and 2 rounded corners opposite of each side

schlett7nu1

Very nice NOS master. It confirms the features and more. Very helpful. I noticed TheRamMan is reproducing caps. His appear to have all the correct features.

JH27N0B

schlett7nu1

6bblgt

@C_B5  can you post pics of the bottom of the casting & any dates

GoMangoBoys

6bblgt

@GoMangoBoys can you post some detail pics of the master cylinder port side & bottom with casting numbers/date  :takepicture:

6bblgt

@schlett7nu1  - I can disassemble & clean this tomorrow - the lid is for sale (it is a 2660809 casting)

schlett7nu1

6bblgt

the casting had a B59 "date" - I found no other date  :dunno:

6bblgt

also notice the difference in hold down brackets  :rubeyes:

@C_B5 I have a master cylinder with that hold down & it is stamped "MADE IN CANADA" on the bottom