Main Menu

70 Challenger torque spec listing

Started by Dakota, February 27, 2020, 02:05:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dakota

As I've been working on my Challenger, I got frustrated about the number of times I had to pull up the factory service manual (FSM) on my computer and then flip through a bunch of pages until I found a torque specification that I needed at the moment.  This frustration led to the creation of a spreadsheet that summarized what's listed in the manual.   I keep a printed copy of the spreadsheet in the garage right next to car, which provides a handy spot to mark whether I've verified a particular fastener has been checked.  The full list runs 10 pages, separated by subsystem and things like engine or axle type, following the order the information appears in the FSM.

Cody has posted the contents of the latest version of spreadsheet in the reference section here:

https://www.e-bodies.org/resources/service-manuals-parts-catalogs-tsb/1970-dodge-challenger-torque-checklist-specifications-updated/

As the website posting may not provide the easiest approach to print a local copy, I'm happy to send anyone interested a copy of either the Excel version or a PDF file that can be easily printed from Adobe Acrobat.   Just PM me your email address and I'll send both files out to you and you can use whichever best suits your situation.

I've gone through the spreadsheet a bunch of times to check the information, but there's always the possibility of a mistake or something not being listed, so please let me know if you find anything that needs to be corrected or added.

Thanks.

Katfish

Great idea, I just had to search my FSM for values while working on the rear end.

PM sent, thx for doing this!