Main Menu

Vintage Mopar Dealerships

Started by Finoke, January 12, 2017, 06:12:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Awesome pictures!   Love it!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

1 Wild R/T

Just up the road...

Cuda Cody

That's a cool photo and my old stomping grounds!   :banana:

Quote from: tman on April 11, 2017, 02:15:50 AM
Good ole SL Savidge in Downtown Seattle.  Dad purchased 2 cars there.  66 Plymouth VIP, 69 Roadrunner.

1 Wild R/T

Couple of the Chrysler dealership in Anchorage Alaska in 1964 after a small earthquake....

jimynick

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 02, 2017, 05:43:58 PM
Easy, 6 Pack Super Bee all day.

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 02, 2017, 04:08:17 PM
Ah decisions: Which one to buy, the Six Pack Super Bee or the 440 Dart?
Ever had a ride in a big block Dart Cody? You might change your mind- once the fear/exhilaration adrenaline wore off.   :yes:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Brads70

blown motor

There's right in your neighbourhood @Brads70  Are they still there?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Topcat

Jim AAR

Quote from: Topcat on January 03, 2021, 04:34:58 PM

Westport Chrysler Plymouth at the west end of Portage Ave in Wintry Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada....

Where my AAR came from..... :banana:

dvs cycles

Bought my 'Cuda in 1973 at a Plymouth dealer in Santa Ana, Ca.
Have racked my wilted mind for years and cannot come up with it's name.
Wish I had taken a picture back then.

Topcat

I would like to find an old photo of Normandin Chrysler Plymouth from 1971.

Topcat

This one was fairly close to me.

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on January 03, 2021, 03:17:04 PM
There's right in your neighbourhood @Brads70  Are they still there?

From a google search yes,  its now called Cooksville Dodge Chrysler ram Jeep now.....

70/6chall

The Dodge dealership which I have known for years is "Moss Motors Dodge" and now is "Moss Bros. CJDR". This dealership is located in Riverside Ca.(I live 3 miles from them, here in the same city).
The small  dealership was started by "Red" Moss Sr.  in Blythe Ca. in 1921 moving to Riverside Ca. in 1938. In 1965 land was purchased by Red and a few other owners of various dealerships in the Raincross section of Riverside. They formed Riverside Auto Center, billed as the worlds first Auto Center. Where you could go to shop conveniently for any type of car you wanted. They are to this day still in business as of course Moss Bros. CJDR, Auto Groupe. They own several other auto dealerships under the leadership of Red's son Glenn.
I bought my first Challenger from this dealership, a 1970 model car a used trade-in with 40K on the clock for $1,100.00. Still have it but now has 562K miles behind it.was my daily driver from 1972-2005. Since then I've purchased a couple of other cars from them. The pics are of the dealership in 1965 and later pics. The last pic is the front end of my Dodge showing the early dealership license plate frame and ad insert (which are hard to find nowadays) this gives the car roots. Thanks,   Al

750-h2

Here is another picture of Canada's first Chrysler dealer located in Sudbury Ontario. Notice the old cars in the showroom.