Main Menu

2 post lift recommendations

Started by Skunkworks Challenger, November 14, 2022, 03:06:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Skunkworks Challenger

Looking for a lift of around 10,000 pounds to lift a variety of cars , including e bodies, and pickups. What is recommended, symmetrical or asymmetrical? And what are popular brands.

bdschnei

If you plan on using it for 1/2 ton trucks and heavier, go with the symmetrical. Way more stable when lifting those heavier vehicles. The main advantage of the asymmetrical lift is the ability to open the doors while the vehicle is on the lift. Which is true for most cars but not the e-bodies so much. Those long doors will hit the posts, so not something you want to do on a regular basis. Door dents are no fun.  :steamingmad:

As far as brands depends on what you want to spend I guess. Personally I like the Rotary lifts the best. Really dependable and good customer service. I've bought a couple of them over the years from shops that were updating to newer lifts and had no trouble finding service parts and information.

Just my  :alan2cents: anyway.
Bret

dodj

I bought a 9000lb Direct Lift from Brads70's friend and have been very happy with it. I got a symmetrical lift. I lift my wife's little Subaru BRZ, challenger, and Ram 3500 Cummins with it. No Problems
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

70_440-6Cuda

I had a Bendpak symetrical lift I bought around 1994; sold it to my buddy that still has it in his shop.  Lifted everything from Superformance Cobra replicas to quad cab 3500 HD Chevy trucks without ever an issue.  He is still using it today, never repaired, only serviced a few time over the years for good measure
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

Skunkworks Challenger

Thank for the input. I just started looking and trying to decide what's best for me.  The long doors on my Challenger are a concern and probably will be a problem with either lift arm configuration.

R/T's 4 R/P

I went with Advantage...very well made and easy to assemble
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

Bills Auto Works

Another vote for the BendPak! I have a 10,000lb symmetrical from them & have been using it for about 13 years with no issues.

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/
YOUR QUALITY MOPAR TRANSPORTER SINCE 1983!

dodj

Quote from: Skunkworks Challenger on November 14, 2022, 06:52:57 PM
Thank for the input. I just started looking and trying to decide what's best for me.  The long doors on my Challenger are a concern and probably will be a problem with either lift arm configuration.
When I was researching a number of years ago somewhere I got the information that HD trucks should be lifted with symmetrical lifts and seeing as I had a one ton truck that's what I got.
If I was just lifting cars, not trucks I would get the asymmetrical, because getting out of various cars is sometimes purty tight.
I also used some left over trunk carpet and contact cement to cover the area of the post that will touch the doors.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

captcolour

Have you thought about a 4 post?  I store my cuda up on it, so went with a 4 post Advantage with 2 rolling hydraulic jacks.  Can do suspension/brake work, rotate tires, etc.  Plus 4 post lifts don't need as much concrete thickness and don't need to be bolted down.

6PKRTSE

I have a four post also for storage mainly but I do have the hydraulic bridge jack also for doing brake work and other things as well.

Ramman

Here's how I installed my 9,000 lb. Forward asymmetrical lift in a 10' ceiling shop. It involved raising the truss stringer and angling the overhead door. Has worked out well for 29+ years.

GoMangoBoys

I have had the Worth lift since 2016.  I am VERY happy with it.  I bought it primarily because it is one of only 2 left that are USA made.  This is VERY important to me.  At the time it cost about 10% more than a comparable Bendpak from Summit Racing ($3300 as opposed to $3000) .  They were a little slow in getting it to me, but I am thrilled with the quality.  It is way more heavy duty than other lifts that I have looked at with the same weight rating.  I think I bought the 10,000 lb.   They also customized the height to accommodate the ceiling height where I was putting it. They made mine a few inches shorter than standard.  When I had a minor problem with some shipping damage, they took care of it immediately.  On my recommendation,  a buddy also bought one and he is thrilled with his also.

Worth Equipment - manufacturer of ground lifts & tubing benders
http://www.worthequipment.com/2postlifts.htm