Main Menu

Broadcast Sheet Found - 1970 Barracuda Convertible - BH27G0B116007

Started by DeathProofCuda, July 01, 2020, 12:50:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DeathProofCuda

So what is considered the current best practice for trying to reunite broadcast sheets with current owners?  I was previously under the impression that it was to send them to Barry Washington; however, some recent posts on this board suggest that may not be the best course of action.

Jay Bee

If it's BH27G0B280831 I'LL TAKE IT!  Otherwise I also thought Barry Washington was still the guy to send them too.

Burdar

Why is Barry not the person to send build sheets to?  I haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise.

You don't HAVE to send them to him.  If you just list the VIN in an online post(on this site or any other one), anyone who "Googles" that VIN in the future should see your post.

anlauto

Barry has rubbed a few people the wrong way, but I guess he does have a website that helps reunite people with stuff....

I would agree with Darren....why include anybody, just hang on to it and post the full VIN on the internet and let Google do the work... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: Jay Bee on July 01, 2020, 01:10:11 PM
If it's BH27G0B280831 I'LL TAKE IT!  Otherwise I also thought Barry Washington was still the guy to send them too.

Sorry, this one was built a bit earlier than your car.  BH27G0B116007

DeathProofCuda

What am I missing?  Google doesn't appear to be recognizing this post.

6bblgt

got pics?

I think it needs to be in the title & the search won't find it instantly after posting  :dunno:

DeathProofCuda

Thanks.  Pic attached.

DeathProofCuda

Trying again to get one right-side-up.  Pretty amazing that this thing didn't become part of a mouse nest during my car's barn stay.  I guess those little ^&$%ers never found their way into the bucket seat backs. :woohoo:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

@DeathProofCuda check 6bblgtt's post about putting the VIN in the title.... He added it to the title but it only effects his post...  With you being the original poster I think you can actually put the ViN in the title as it appears in the index...

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 02, 2020, 09:23:06 AM
@DeathProofCuda check 6bblgtt's post about putting the VIN in the title.... He added it to the title but it only effects his post...  With you being the original poster I think you can actually put the ViN in the title as it appears in the index...

@ 1 Wild R/T, I've modified the original post to include the VIN, but that only changes the subject line for that specific post.  Maybe I should relist it under a new thread?

1 Wild R/T

DeathProofCuda

6bblgt

"IF" this seat & broadcast sheet were found in the original factory installed seat in your car, the broadcast sheet's Barracuda (& your car) was "In Plant/In Process" around Thursday/Friday September 11/12, 1969

looks like BH27G0B116007 was at least 6 days LATE **   @DeathProofCuda   can you share info on the car this was found in?   **

https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/actual-production-date-vs-scheduled-production-date/810/