Main Menu

4-speed trans ID

Started by b5cuda, December 30, 2017, 09:49:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

b5cuda

Hello, just stumbled onto a collection of e-body parts including a 4-speed.  The input bearing is 4.8 inch diameter, 24 spline, with stamp: 1C124294.  Can anyone tell me the date and type of car this originally came with?  Much obliged!

Cuda Cody

The VIN tells us it's a 1971.  The C factory is Jefferson so it's not originally out of an E-Body.  Most likely a B or C body?

b5cuda

Thanks Cody, appreciate the quick ID!  I'm assuming these transmissions all had the same gear ratio, regardless of whether it went in an "A" or "B" or "E" or "C" body?

1 Wild R/T

Might want to recheck that input shaft spline count.... 24 isn't correct.... options are 18 & 23..

b5cuda

HP_Cuda

Does it have the shifter mount point forward (B body) and rear tailshaft (E body)?
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

b5cuda

Not sure what you mean - here's a pic:

Chryco Psycho

So yes it will bolt into a B or E body as it has both shifter mounts
There were at least 5 different gear ratio sets for the 833 over the years so no the gearing will differ

b5cuda

Chryco Psycho

6bblgt

C = Jefferson Ave., Detroit, MI & they built c-bodies ONLY for 1971

I'd bet that is a "1G" = 1971 St. Louis, MO assembly plant & from a Dodge B-body (340/383 Super Bee?)

rocketresto

Quote from: 6bblgt on December 30, 2017, 08:17:03 PM
C = Jefferson Ave., Detroit, MI & they built c-bodies ONLY for 1971

I'd bet that is a "1G" = 1971 St. Louis, MO assembly plant & from a Dodge B-body (340/383 Super Bee?)

Ya was about to say the same thing.  No C-Bodies got 4 speeds after 1968 and they only made Chrysler's at the C plant (Jefferson), can you post a picture of the VIN?
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

b5cuda

Thanks for the replies (hadn't noticed this thread was active again).  Here's a pic of vin pad, appreciate all the input!