Main Menu

Actual Production Date VS "Scheduled Production Date"

Started by 6bblgt, February 21, 2017, 02:17:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

wanderlustin

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 05, 2018, 12:26:33 AM
Quote from: 6bblgt on January 22, 2018, 10:46:55 PM

the large majority (99%) of VONs info I have are below 200000

I believe that.... When I first read it I figured I might have one late enough that it would be higher....   Not even close...

SPD 723
VIN JS29U0B440289
VON  184372

@1 Wild R/T I think we were separated at birth.  Mine...

SPD 723
VIN JS23V0B440269
VON  179630

7E-Bodies

@wanderlustin I noticed that too. Perhaps Barry moved it or took it down. Would like to see it after posting my build sheets above.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Marksmopar1

Hi,
I am reading through the posts,,, attempting to follow along....

My 70 Challenger R/T U code 440/auto. A04 build date and a Y13 Dealer demo code (if that is correct?) also Y07 Canadian specs.
I did mail 6BBl regarding possible info on a dealer the car was sold at originally but unfortunately This is a Canadian order and sold car. It seems few records, or at least 6bbl has nothing if anything on Canadian orders/ sold cars..damn!
   I notice some talk on the Y codes... Is a Y13 anything special? I guess this is and included in the franchise orders?
Anyway, detective work on going....
Thanks!

Morty426

Quote from: Marksmopar1 on October 28, 2019, 08:05:58 PM
Hi,
I am reading through the posts,,, attempting to follow along....

My 70 Challenger R/T U code 440/auto. A04 build date and a Y13 Dealer demo code (if that is correct?) also Y07 Canadian specs.
I did mail 6BBl regarding possible info on a dealer the car was sold at originally but unfortunately This is a Canadian order and sold car. It seems few records, or at least 6bbl has nothing if anything on Canadian orders/ sold cars..damn!
   I notice some talk on the Y codes... Is a Y13 anything special? I guess this is and included in the franchise orders?
Anyway, detective work on going....
Thanks!

I would try get a hold of Terry McCann - he has a lot of info on Canadian cars.

He told me that my Canadian 71 V code Challenger was one of 25 sent to Canada  :canada:

Marksmopar1

Thanks for the info tip ,
Would you know if Terry McCann is on this site ?
Thanks!!  :canada:

mccannix

I dont really have a lot of information on Canadian cars.
After I purchased my JS23V1B Challenger in 1986, I was put in touch with a gentleman
who was with the Chrysler Canadian Historical Society at the time.
My Challenger was sold new in Ontario and when I provided him with proof of ownership and the VIN,
he conveyed to me that mine was one of twenty-five 440-6 automatics shipped to Canada.
This was 1986 or so and the only time I talked to him.

cataclysm80

Quote from: cataclysm80 on January 23, 2018, 09:42:47 PM
I stumbled across this list of dealerships today...
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/vintageDealerships.shtml

Quote from: wanderlustin on September 25, 2019, 02:58:23 PM
@cataclysm80 broken link?

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on September 25, 2019, 03:07:57 PM
@wanderlustin I noticed that too. Perhaps Barry moved it or took it down. Would like to see it after posting my build sheets above.

Yep, broken link.
Barry must have taken it down for some reason.
I don't recall whether I saved the info or not, it was hundreds of dealerships.
I just looked around the Hamtramck Historical website, and didn't see it anywhere.
I know that Barry was looking for a dealership directory book from 1970, so that he wouldn't have to save all the info one dealership at a time.  Maybe he finally found the book.

Anyway, here's another place you can try.
http://maxwedge.com/dealerships/index.php

The National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) has access to VIN records on file in the form of microfiche (for older models), for ALL vehicles at least as far back as the musclecar era. The info showed the selling dealer, their address, dealer code, and the exact date that the car was delivered to the dealership.
Getting access to that would be a treasure trove of information, but it's pretty much locked away.  Maybe someone with contacts in law enforcement or insurance could query a few VINs, but it would be game changing if we could access the whole thing.
We're getting to the point where the info is half a century old now, so hopefully public access would be approved at some point.  Someone should be trying to do this.

njsteve

NICB's microfiche info was related to shipping records for certain assembly plants back in the day. The records are not complete due to the fact that they depended upon what records Chrysler (and other manufacturers)  decided to send them at the end of the model year. They do not have any 1970 model year shipping records for the Hamtramck Plant.

cataclysm80

Quote from: njsteve on April 26, 2020, 06:18:54 PM
NICB's microfiche info was related to shipping records for certain assembly plants back in the day. The records are not complete due to the fact that they depended upon what records Chrysler (and other manufacturers)  decided to send them at the end of the model year. They do not have any 1970 model year shipping records for the Hamtramck Plant.

Dang!  Well, I'm glad that someone has at least looked into it.
Thanks for the info.

Morty426

Quote from: mccannix on December 15, 2019, 04:10:57 PM
I dont really have a lot of information on Canadian cars.
After I purchased my JS23V1B Challenger in 1986, I was put in touch with a gentleman
who was with the Chrysler Canadian Historical Society at the time.
My Challenger was sold new in Ontario and when I provided him with proof of ownership and the VIN,
he conveyed to me that mine was one of twenty-five 440-6 automatics shipped to Canada.
This was 1986 or so and the only time I talked to him.

Well I have one of the other Canadian JS23V1B automatics

7E-Bodies

Morty426

7E-Bodies