6bblgt
Better picture w enhanced color on the 1969 tag
Download and it should enlarge

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Pentastarnut

Pentastarnut

340challconvert

Just wanted to thank 6bblgt  for his work on the Production vs Scheduled Build Date
:bigthumb:
Interesting data!
Did you have any thoughts on the 1969 card I found under the rug?

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

6bblgt

@340challconvert I cannot read any of the text on the posted images of the "1969" card

could you email a larger version to dhead68@hotmail.com ?

1 Wild R/T

Lots of October cars were late.... Mine is A13 SPD with lots of components build between 27th-29th & the door sticker shows it was built in October so they got it done....

cataclysm80

Any info on this one?
Six Thousands is a pretty low VIN, and the sequence number of the Sales Order Number is VERY low.
I think that fender tag says that it's a "Sold Car", which means the order form for the car came from the dealership right?
The dealership emblem is still on the tail panel.  It's Freeds in Salt Lake City.   Maybe that will help other people with nearby SO numbers to know which dealership ordered their car new?  That dealership would have had a sequentially numbered pad of order forms.

rocketresto

Have VON 000304 but it came from Bob Wickett in San Bernardino, CA.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

cataclysm80

It would be neat to know if the numbered order forms were in pads of 25 or 50.
I'm guessing cars 000176 through 000200 were ordered by (and probably sold new at) Freeds.

TobiasM

Quote from: cataclysm80 on January 14, 2018, 04:11:31 PM
It would be neat to know if the numbered order forms were in pads of 25 or 50.

Tav, that is exactly what I tried to find out but nowwhere found an answer to: how many orderforms did one pad/stash exist of??? Was it 25, 50 or even 100?

Does anybody here know a person or is a person himself who was an employee in the sales-department/backoffice of a dealership or at mother MOPAR?

cataclysm80

Just some thoughts...

Actual data would be best of course, but lacking that maybe we can make a rough guess and see what seems reasonable.

Let's just look at 1970.   What's the highest VON we've seen? 
I think it's pretty safe to assume that there were a lot of unused order forms at the end of the year, because every dealership would have some, so there should be more order forms created than there were cars built.

How many dealerships were there in 1970?  If I recall correctly, they had to build X number of trans am cars for each dealership in order to be able to enter those cars in the race, so that may give us a pretty good idea of dealership quantity.

Next, how many cars were built in 1970?  Combined with the above info, this might give us some idea of how many blank forms each dealership had at the end of the year. 
If the average is less than 25, that could be saying something about how large the pads were.  Same for if the number is above or below 50.
Sure, some dealerships might have had more than one pad, but smaller dealerships probably not, and we're looking at an average of all of them.

Were these forms actually thrown away at the end of 1970 model year, or could the dealership keep using them on 71 cars?

Anyone have a pic of the order form?

Cuda Cody

I have some photos of a few 1970 and 1971 VON pads from @cudaized  but I do not want to post them because they are not mine. 

cataclysm80

So 70 and 71 are different pads?

From the picture, can you guess roughly how many order forms remain on each pad?

From the number on the top form, can you guess maybe how many forms have already been used off the pad?

Cuda Cody

Yes, very different pads for each year.  Here's one posted in another thread (on this forum) by @TobiasM 

6bblgt

~3,065 Dodge dealer franchises (1/1971)

1970 Dodge Challenger
67,126 assembled at Hamtramck, MI
15,906 assembled at Los Angeles, CA
83,032 total

76,935 shipped domestically (average 25 per franchise)
:crazytalk:
10 "customer orders"
8 "dealer spec'd"
7 "chrysler spec'd"

the large majority (99%) of VONs info I have are below 200000

then there are the VONs with a letter "prefix"

& then there is CANADA & EXPORT

:thinking: Dodge would've had "pads" in-house to spec. out "SALES BANK" cars
I have never seen any numbers referencing "Dealer Ordered" VS. "SOLD" (Y14) VS. "SALES BANK" (Y16) cars