Main Menu

Actual Production Date VS "Scheduled Production Date"

Started by 6bblgt, February 21, 2017, 02:17:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

Quote from: 70/6chall on April 20, 2017, 01:52:54 PM
Here you go Dan, talked to Cody not long ago and Dan would be interested in your car. I hear your the numbers guy so here goes. 1970 Dodge Challenger, SL6, 3-speed and power nothing. EK2 exterior, burnt orange interior. Fender tag, door Mylar, dash tag all share the same V.I.N. I bought it as a daily driver in early 1973. She rolled off the LA assy. line 818 (Aug. 18, 1969) sequence #113 (100113) pretty early I think, how about you? Then to a dealership somewhere in SoCal, maybe. I do know that according to my Cal registration it was not sold until April 22,1970.that was of course to whoever bought this car before me. Seems like it was a lot lizard for awhile.

pretty sure ours rolled out the same doors within a few days of each other. I wish we both had our broadcast sheets. my vin ends in COE100322 with an 820 SPD  love those little tidbits  :twothumbsup:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

HUSTLESTUFF

My AAR SPD of 4/03 on broadcast sheet has a door sticker date of 3/70

6bblgt

with the recent eBay auction of a well documented AAR, I thought I'd bump this thread .....

BS23J0B292397 - SPD 402 = Thursday 4/2/70
engine assembly date - 3149 = 3/12/70
transmission assembly date - 3155 = 3/18/70
"In Plant/In Process" = Monday 3/23/70 EARLY

car would've had a "3-70" door sticker

6bblgt

wow - 3 months since my last post here

figuring when Christmas - '70 New Year break was is proving difficult - any broadcast sheets from Dec. '69 - Jan. '70 would be greatly appreciated,

:needphotos:

B5Cuda440-6

Dan,

Based on the information you've collected thus far, is it possible to tell the difference in the SPD vs. Actual Production Date for 70 LA built Cuda's that do not have a broadcast sheet? I'm asking because that's the case with my Cuda...it is a LA car with a SPD of B21.

Rob

72fury

I see tavis has already given you my cars info. So you're saying it was scheduled on 825 but not started till 829? Or ginnished on 829? Mine is Jh23C0B107922.  Also would you have the dealer code for mount vernon motors in alexandria virginia? Paul page sold this car to annette wrights parents who gave it to her as a going to college gift. This car was on the road 915 which was earlier than they were supposed to be released to the public. The" sold car" code. Does that mean the dealership ordered the car or was it ordered by her parrents at the dealership?   Having a brain fart at the moment and need tp refresh my brain 😉

Radarlover

Would be cool to know what day my car was built

Cuda Cody

@6bblgt  do you have a good calendar of actual built dates for 1971 cars?

And great to see you post here @Radarlover   

Pentastarnut

BS23H0B161615 , door sticker says 10/69. Tag on back seat has a date of 10/17/1969.  I have no legible build sheet so I'm just going to say it was completed on October 21, 1969... My birthdate  8) . Any help figuring out the real date would be appreciated.

7E-Bodies

Ok, how about this one...door vin/decal shows she was born 5/25.   This should be interesting.  Thanks for all you do!
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

6bblgt

Quote from: B5Cuda440-6 on October 20, 2017, 02:17:18 PM
Dan,

Based on the information you've collected thus far, is it possible to tell the difference in the SPD vs. Actual Production Date for 70 LA built Cuda's that do not have a broadcast sheet? I'm asking because that's the case with my Cuda...it is a LA car with a SPD of B21.

Rob

@B5Cuda440-6  I haven't figured out LA "with a sheet" - it appears the sheet tell the car's start position on a day, but I don't see any clue to WHAT DAY?

with around 300 cars per day - I think LA had better control over scheduling/production and built them closer to their scheduled dates - but that's just a guess

best to check all the dated components & see how close to 11/21/69 they are - but another problem for LA is that some of the parts travelled from the other side of the country

6bblgt

Quote from: 72fury on October 20, 2017, 02:43:43 PM
I see tavis has already given you my cars info. So you're saying it was scheduled on 825 but not started till 829? Or ginnished on 829? Mine is Jh23C0B107922.  Also would you have the dealer code for mount vernon motors in alexandria virginia? Paul page sold this car to annette wrights parents who gave it to her as a going to college gift. This car was on the road 915 which was earlier than they were supposed to be released to the public. The" sold car" code. Does that mean the dealership ordered the car or was it ordered by her parrents at the dealership?   Having a brain fart at the moment and need tp refresh my brain 😉

@72fury  I believe the "date" I can determine is the FINISHED date - but it is not guaranteed that once started "In Plant" that it continued on schedule to that finish date, but since you have an August door sticker it couldn't have been any later - so confidence is high "FINISHED on 8/29".

the other post mentions Indiana - I do NOT have a dealer number for a MOUNT VERNON MOTORS in Virginia or Indiana?

I do have a MIDWAY MOTORS of NORTH VERNON, NORTH VERNON, IN dealer #64283 ??  :dunno:

Y14 = ORDERED - it could be dealer or customer - a clue would have to be on another document

6bblgt

Quote from: Radarlover on October 20, 2017, 03:03:33 PM
Would be cool to know what day my car was built

@Radarlover any other documentation?  "SCHEDULED" is all the fender tag is going to tell us

6bblgt

Quote from: Cuda Cody on October 20, 2017, 03:41:30 PM
@6bblgt  do you have a good calendar of actual built dates for 1971 cars?

And great to see you post here @Radarlover

@Cuda Cody I started one, but it is very early in the process - need more info, especially broadcast sheets from cars with original door decals

6bblgt

Quote from: Pentastarnut on October 20, 2017, 05:32:24 PM
BS23H0B161615 , door sticker says 10/69. Tag on back seat has a date of 10/17/1969.  I have no legible build sheet so I'm just going to say it was completed on October 21, 1969... My birthdate  8) . Any help figuring out the real date would be appreciated.

@Pentastarnut  right now I'd need that broadcast sheet, how much of one do you have?  is any of it legible?