Main Menu

Broadcast sheet blank

Started by SteveG, January 15, 2017, 07:43:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

SteveG

Is there anywhere to print off a blank broadcast sheet so I can write in my numbers?  I thought it would be nice to transfer the numbers I have to a copy sheet rather than handle my  original one which is about to disintegrate.

Cuda Cody

For my E-Body brother, here you go.  I made this from a scanned 1970 sheet.

SteveG

Thanks a bunch, Cody! Mine isn't colored like yours, so are they both identical as far as where the boxes and labels are?

Cuda Cody

I'd have to double check, but I think there was 2 or 3 versions in 70.  And most of the early cars got 1969 sheets that were left over from the year before.  Since the upholstery department boxes were in the same spot, they used up the left over 69 sheets with them.  That's why a lot of early 70 cars had 69 sheets in their seats.

The 69 sheets have some boxes that do not line up, but all 70 sheets I think line up with the box codes.  One of the version changes was to simply go to a colored version.   :alan2cents:

Cuda Cody

I hope to have the Build sheet decoder done soon so you can decode your sheet easily too.  If I would just stop playing around online and get it done!   :drunk:

SteveG

Thanks again, I'll see what lines up!

fc7cuda

Steve,

What's the SPD on your ride?  Your sheet kinda looks like my 69 sheet, but not enough to tell.  Transferring numbers to a good/clean sheet is a good idea, keeps mistakes from being made like when I thought my rallye wheel cuda car was a 14 x 6/hubcap car.  :dunno:

Tom

SteveG

Is SPD the production date? I think it's September 1969 if I decoded the fender tag properly. The door sticker is long gone.

anlauto

I have a 1970 Challenger here with a scheduled build date of September 10th 1969 and the BCS is printed on a E-Series 1969 sheet.   very confusing.  :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

Quote from: SteveG on January 15, 2017, 07:43:20 PM
Is there anywhere to print off a blank broadcast sheet so I can write in my numbers?  I thought it would be nice to transfer the numbers I have to a copy sheet rather than handle my  original one which is about to disintegrate.

You can print blank sheets on Moparts.org. Here is the link to one:

http://www.moparts.org/Tech/tech/logos/build-sheet70.pdf

I hope this helps.  :wave:

Cuda Cody

That's not unusual.  I've seen many E-Bodies with Oct scheduled build dates with E-Series (69) sheets.  Not every department used the extra 69 sheets up, so it depends on where the sheet was found. 

Quote from: anlauto on January 16, 2017, 06:40:52 AM
I have a 1970 Challenger here with a scheduled build date of September 10th 1969 and the BCS is printed on a E-Series 1969 sheet.   very confusing.  :huh:

fc7cuda

Yeah, my October 10 SPD is on a 69 sheet.  Your Sept. buildsheet very well could be 69 printing.  Just makes it more interesting crossing over codes.  :bigthumb:

Tom

SteveG

Quote from: fc7cuda on January 16, 2017, 09:07:54 AM
Yeah, my October 10 SPD is on a 69 sheet.  Your Sept. buildsheet very well could be 69 printing.  Just makes it more interesting crossing over codes.  :bigthumb:

Tom

Mine looks to be September 17th.  So if it's on a 69 sheet it may have different codes than if it was on a 70 sheet?  :huh:

Cuda Cody

Yes, this can be confusing but lets see if I can help explain it better.  All the 1970 E-Bodies were printed as if they were on a 1970 Build Sheet.  What they did was use up old left over build sheets from 1969 as long as they were going to be used by a department that had the "boxes" labeled and in the same spot as a 1970.  So regardless if it's printed on a 69 or 70 sheet, it will always line up with a 1970 sheet.

Line it up with a 70 sheet and it will work perfectly.  All the codes will be in the right spot.   :bigthumb:

Quote from: SteveG on January 16, 2017, 01:43:54 PM
Quote from: fc7cuda on January 16, 2017, 09:07:54 AM

Tom

Mine looks to be September 17th.  So if it's on a 69 sheet it may have different codes than if it was on a 70 sheet?  :huh:

Cuda Cody

Your is a 70 sheet.   :alan2cents:  69 sheets look different at the bottom.