Main Menu

Broadcast Sheet Found

Started by Gary AAR, September 25, 2021, 08:21:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Gary AAR

I recently started to disassemble the seats in my 70 AAR Cuda for restoration.  When I removed the seat back of the passenger bucket seat I discovered a neatly folded Broadcast Sheet in excellent condition.  At first I thought it was going to be a second Broadcast Sheet for my car (I found the original for my car a few years ago behind the rear seat).  As I looked over the information on the newly found Sheet, I realized it was for a different 70 AAR Cuda!  It was about 50 VIN numbers off from my car. 

Would love to reunite this Broadcast Sheet with the car/owner.  Let me know if you own this car, or know of it's owner or whereabouts.  The following is a brief description of the car based on Broadcast Sheet info:
1970 AAR Cuda
VIN - BS23J0B282300
Scheduled Build Date - 19 March
Automatic Transmission on the column
EK2 - Vitamin C (no vinyl top)
Vinyl bucket seats (with drivers 6 way adjustable seat)
Power brakes & Power Steering
Rallye Instrument Cluster
Rallye Wheels

FlatlandTA

Nice find,thanks for sharing!
Hopefully car still lives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Filthy Filbert

Scheduled build date is on my birthday 😂

6bblgt

:twothumbsup:

the above AAR: BS23J0B282300 (& your car @Gary AAR, if this seat was installed at the factory) was "In Plant/In Process" on Thursday 3/12/70 a week ahead of "SCHEDULE"

Scheduled Production Date (319) VS. Actual Production Date (312)

https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/actual-production-date-vs-scheduled-production-date/810/

anlauto

Quote from: 6bblgt on September 25, 2021, 10:10:57 AM
:twothumbsup:

the above AAR: BS23J0B282300 (& your car @Gary AAR, if this seat was installed at the factory) was "In Plant/In Process" on Thursday 3/12/70 a week ahead of "SCHEDULE"

Scheduled Production Date (319) VS. Actual Production Date (312)

Can you explain one more time how you figure out the "In Plant/In Process" time ? :clueless: I can never understand  :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mike ketterer

the car still lives its in a c-can at my shop

anlauto

Quote from: mike ketterer on September 25, 2021, 10:48:49 AM
the car still lives its in a c-can at my shop
BS23J0B282300 does ? That's GREAT NEWS  :banana: :banana: :banana: Does it currently have a BCS ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mike ketterer

hopefully soon. giving the car to my kid instead of a prius

superdave

mike ketterer

Gary AAR

Mike Ketterer - Great to hear the car is still around!  Let me know if you would like me to send the Broadcast Sheet to you.  If so, what is the best way to ship (I've never shipped anything to Canada)? 

Shoooter

For some reason that orange AAR you own popped into my head when I saw this Mike. Glad to see it will find the car it belongs too

mike ketterer