Main Menu

Selling Dealer

Started by lvd2340, May 29, 2017, 07:57:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

lvd2340

Is there any way to find out what dealer sold my 70 Cuda? Would the vehicle order number possibly help?

CudaMoparRay

Interesting question, subscribing for the answer

Cuda Cody

@lvd2340   There is a way, but it's not super easy.  The window stickers would show what dealership the vehicle was sold from.  The vehicles produced in 1970 were ordered with a VON (Vehicle Order Number) and ordered from a pre-printed form that had consecutive VON's on them (25 or 50 in a row).  So that all those VON's would be used from the same dealership.  So the best way to find out what dealership sold a car is to find window stickers that have very close VON's and then the odds are that other cars with very close VON's came from the same dealership.  Sounds hard, but people like @6bblgt  has a good size database and helps us keep track of that stuff. 

As for knowing for sure, right now today, there is not a database from Mopar that has been found.  So unless someone like 6bblgt or Galen has the info there's not much else that can be done. 

And welcome to the site  :welcome:  Very cool Lemon Twist Cuda you have there.  :twothumbsup:

6bblgt

AWESOME 'cuda "lemon twist"  :banana: & black w/tan leather!!  :needphotos:
@lvd2340 with NO current help from Chrysler Corp. it's a "needle in a haystack" type search, do you feel lucky?

closest VON I have with good info is 065221 (+200) & "scheduled" 3 months later (Feb. 10)
it is another 340'cuda ordered thru:

UNION GARAGE INC.
1130 WEST BROAD ST.
BETHLEHEM, PA

region: 33
dealer: 08837

there would be many Plymouth dealerships in the region, so it should be from that part of the country
one monkey wrench in the theory - PHONE ORDERS - VONs that originated at dealerships would be overwritten if the dealership placed the order with Chrysler over the phone.

the Y33 "fleet sale" has to have some clue buried within but,  :notsure:
looks like it hasn't strayed too far from home - does this info sound like a possibility?
any other available info on your specific car?  stories, rumors?

JS29

Not trying to hog in on this thread but how about VON # 045183. 70 Barracuda gran coupe, built in LA. if you don't mind.

Cuda Cody

@lvd2340  if you have not already, feel free to fun your sheet through the decoder.  We're making a few updates to it now, but it should be all working soon.  Let me know if you have any trouble at all and we'll be glad to help.   :drinkingbud:

6bblgt

@JS29 is it a Y16 "sales bank" car or a Y14 "SOLD car"?

sheet or fender tag pic?

6bblgt

Quote from: JS29 on May 29, 2017, 01:34:12 PM
Not trying to hog in on this thread but how about VON # 045183. 70 Barracuda gran coupe, built in LA. if you don't mind.

I have ZERO 1970 Plymouth e-bodies with  a "045xxx" VON   :rubeyes:

JS29

No build sheet.  :'( I can get A picture of the fender tag. will that help? There is no Y anything on the fender tag.

6bblgt

Quote from: JS29 on May 29, 2017, 01:53:22 PM
No build sheet.  :'( I can get A picture of the fender tag. will that help? There is no Y anything on the fender tag.

in the big picture, every piece of info helps
- specifically, for your car no "Y" codes doesn't help - LA seemed to be random on Y-codes ending up on the tag - is it an "N95" car?  VONs from "sales bank" cars have nothing to do with the "selling dealer"

JS29

Negative on the N95 code. the car was out from the state of Washington. Spokane I was told

lvd2340

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 29, 2017, 01:40:15 PM
@lvd2340  if you have not already, feel free to fun your sheet through the decoder.  We're making a few updates to it now, but it should be all working soon.  Let me know if you have any trouble at all and we'll be glad to help.   :drinkingbud:

I tried it earlier but came up with

Oops — something went wrong. We will take a look and get it fixed shortly.

lvd2340

Quote from: 6bblgt on May 29, 2017, 01:11:20 PM
AWESOME 'cuda "lemon twist"  :banana: & black w/tan leather!!  :needphotos:
@lvd2340 with NO current help from Chrysler Corp. it's a "needle in a haystack" type search, do you feel lucky?

closest VON I have with good info is 065221 (+200) & "scheduled" 3 months later (Feb. 10)
it is another 340'cuda ordered thru:

UNION GARAGE INC.
1130 WEST BROAD ST.
BETHLEHEM, PA

region: 33

dealer: 08837

there would be many Plymouth dealerships in the region, so it should be from that part of the country
one monkey wrench in the theory - PHONE ORDERS - VONs that originated at dealerships would be overwritten if the dealership placed the order with Chrysler over the phone.

the Y33 "fleet sale" has to have some clue buried within but,  :notsure:
looks like it hasn't strayed too far from home - does this info sound like a possibility?
any other available info on your specific car?  stories, rumors?

I have a keychain from the car that i think was from the selling dealer but the portion of it with the dealer name disappeared. I'm almost positive that the dealer was from NJ.

6bblgt

region #33 is Philadelphia PA & probably includes most/all of NJ

6bblgt

is there a city on the keychain?