Main Menu

Fender Tag

Started by farmboy70, March 02, 2017, 10:30:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: bpsmopar on March 30, 2017, 09:49:16 PM

Gee Alan! I didn't know you felt that way about P31? Do you still want the FJ5 sunroof car then.... :console:

Obviously the more options there are the more difficult the restoration. Power windows are a pain to install.
Makes it more Challenging when customers bring me basket cases that nobody el;se wants to do....

I look forward to yet another sunroof car @bpsmopar almost as much as I look forward to Christmas. :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

I've never seen a complete set up for sale.  I would guess if someone needs it they would pay a pretty penny for it.  :bigmoney:

Quote from: cataclysm80 on March 31, 2017, 01:10:06 AM

What's the value of a complete E body power window setup these days?  All 4 regulators with working motors and good complete wiring harness with grommets.  I don't recall whether it has the switches.

JS29NOE

@1 Wild R/T came across your post and I'm doing this now.  Did you support the end of the new motors at all like the originals had the brackets bolted on?  Or did you just do the 3 screws by the gear and let the end hang free?

1 Wild R/T

Just let it float, hasn't been a problem, it's what the OE's have been doing for thirty years now... I'll bet the bracket is more about supporting the heavy OE motor preventing it banging or rattling on a bumpy road than controlling torque...  The new motors are smaller & lighter...