Main Menu

Last AAR T/A built

Started by Arctoad, Today at 09:05:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

EV2RTSE and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arctoad

Hi guys,
Just curious, does anyone know of information of the last known AAR and T/A built, or is this something that will always update itself as more registries come in.
Thanks

JH27N0B

Since Chrysler claims to have lost all the manufacturing records of that era, I guess we can never know for sure.
My recollection is that production of T/As and AARs was started in March and was supposed to end on a certain day in April, might have been April 20.
However, I recall hearing one car was documented to have been built in May.  If that is the case, it was likely an outlier of some sort.  Perhaps it actually rolled off the line in April, but had some issue where it had to go to their red tag area, and didn't get fixed and officially "finished" until May, and they had to put a door sticker on it that showed manufactured in May?  At least one T/A was documented as being built with a sunroof I believe.  If that is indeed true, it would have been sent out to ASC to have the sunroof installed on it.  In the case where cars were sent to outside sources to get completed, like sunroof cars, or the wing cars (Creative Industries), was the production month shown on the door sticker the month it rolled off Chrysler's line, or did it reflect the month  the car got the additional work done to finish it off by the outside vendor?
I just looked at my T Top Magnum, its SBD is in March of 78, and the door sticker says March.  However it has a door sticker that states that work was done on the car by American Sunroof Corporation (they did the work for Chrysler to install T tops as well as sunroofs) on 4-17-78.  So assuming nothing changed between 1970 and 78, that would suggest work done by outside vendors to complete cars didn't change the door sticker date.

Ricomondo

The sunroof TA I believe was scheduled for 05/05/70.

Regular production on the TA's last SPD I think was 04/17 or 4/18? I can't remember for sure.

We need @6bblgt (dan) to know for sure?
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340