Main Menu

Most accurate 1970 Mopar Option Codes list

Started by Cuda Cody, January 04, 2019, 04:24:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

In our quest to have all things E-Body in one easy to find location, we've added the 1970 Mopar Option Codes to our resource page.  For those who prefer to manually decode fender tags you can now find all the 1970 option codes here.  Please keep in mind that unlike other online lists of "options", this list is specific to 1970 only.  Some codes do carry over to other years, but this list is specific and accurate for 1970.

https://www.e-bodies.org/mopar-fender-tag-decoder-build-sheet-vin/1970-mopar-cuda-challenger-options-fender-tag-codes/

All 1970 option codes are listed in the link above, but that does not mean they were all used on fender tags.  Of course, the best and most accurate 1970 fender tag decoding option is still available here:

https://decoder.e-bodies.org/1970-mopar-fender-tag-decoder/

We're working on adding the 1971 Build Sheet and Fender Tag decoders and hope to have them up soon.

70 Challenger Lover

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

Thanks Cody! I really appreciate all of the great information in our Resources section. Use them all the time.  :cheers:

dodgemania

Chryco Psycho

Thanks Cody
This site just continues to set the bar higher !!

blown motor

That's really cool @Cuda Cody. Were these same codes also used on the Cudas?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

303 Mopar

That is a great resource!  Thank you for all your hard work pulling that together!   :banana:

anlauto

If I had to nick pick I would have said to leave off all the codes that were not found on an E Body....make it an exclusive E Body list. :lurking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

captcolour

Very cool indeed.  Never knew the difference between END, EN1 and EN2.  Did both plants have 2 production lines, or would EN1 & EN2 just be from Hamtramck if they had 2 lines but LA only had one?

A future idea for an upgrade would be to add two columns after the code, one for fender tag and one for build sheet, and show an "X" to indicate whether the code could be on that source.

Thanks!

Cuda Cody

You make a good point and that's exactly what I was thinking originally.  The list started as an only "e-body" fender tag code list, but there's codes that were not on early tags that were on later tags.  So I started adding what dates the codes could be on the fender tags and then it started getting down to a LA vs Hamtramck codes.  In the end it was just better to list all the 1970 codes and let people see everything.  Those that have questions should post it here in the forum and we'll always do our best to help. 

Quote from: anlauto on January 05, 2019, 07:54:01 AM
If I had to nick pick I would have said to leave off all the codes that were not found on an E Body....make it an exclusive E Body list. :lurking:

Cuda Cody

Yes, you are right.  LA just used "END" on their production line and Hamtramck used 2 production lines.

Quote from: captcolour on January 05, 2019, 08:04:25 AM
Very cool indeed.  Never knew the difference between END, EN1 and EN2.  Did both plants have 2 production lines, or would EN1 & EN2 just be from Hamtramck if they had 2 lines but LA only had one?

A future idea for an upgrade would be to add two columns after the code, one for fender tag and one for build sheet, and show an "X" to indicate whether the code could be on that source.

Thanks!

Jay Bee

I just want to get on the "THANKY YOU" bandwagon. Stuff like this is so cool, what a great addition to a great site.

JS29

CudaMoparRay

Cody, another appreciation as you continue, not to only maintain but, to move this site steadily forward for us members.  :bigthumb: