Main Menu

The 1970 Build Sheet Decoder is LIVE!!!!

Started by Cuda Cody, May 02, 2017, 06:03:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

I edited my above post - GG has M27 as DELETE "Wheel Lip Mouldings" & I've seen M27 as DELTETE "Sill Mouldings" - I'll have to look around and see if I can find what Chrysler calls it specifically

I found a M18 code that Chrysler calls DELETE Moulding Package - but have not found it in use

Cuda Cody

All the updated text is now in the decoder!   :banana:  Thanks again for all your help everyone.   :handshake:

750-h2

Great Job on the decoder. I have been decoding many sheets and it works great!! Only u/k that I keep getting is the 04 on line 3 in the first part of steering wheel.  I believe 04 is the right code as 2 of my sheets under steering wheel are coded 04.  Also noticed under line 4
that rallye wheels are coded TX9 which decodes as black.  Wondering if this is because the rallye wheels were painted black before the front part of the wheel was painted silver?  Again Great Job on the decoder!

6bblgt

it's assumed that since Road or Rallye wheels did NOT have an OPTIONAL color choice the COLOR portion of the WHEEL "build codes" refer to the spare wheel color which is the following box ?? :dunno:

cataclysm80

Looks like we're making good progress here. :)

Chaos-N-Mayhem

Quote from: 6bblgt on May 04, 2017, 04:15:49 PM
I edited my above post - GG has M27 as DELETE "Wheel Lip Mouldings" & I've seen M27 as DELTETE "Sill Mouldings" - I'll have to look around and see if I can find what Chrysler calls it specifically

I found a M18 code that Chrysler calls DELETE Moulding Package - but have not found it in use

Keep in mind, the rumor I heard years ago was that GG would put intentional errors in his books to make it easy for him to spot people sourcing his material. So do your own research and you'll be fine

Cuda Cody

Thank you @750-h2  for your feedback.  Do you mind going back and double checking that 04 code for me?  The decoder is programmed for the 04 steering wheel option so you should not be getting an unknown.  Could you please double check that you have "0" and not"o".  That's the only thing I can think is happening?  It's a zero in that spot and maybe you have it entered as a "O"?  Let me know if that is what it was?   :thinking:  If so, I might add "o4" as an option along with the "04" so it doesn't happen to anyone else. 

As for the Rallye wheels, that a good guess on why they did it that way.  We know that the Rallye wheels are black on the back too.

Again, thanks for the feedback.  This helps us make the decoder more user friendly.

Quote from: 750-h2 on May 06, 2017, 09:31:26 AM
Great Job on the decoder. I have been decoding many sheets and it works great!! Only u/k that I keep getting is the 04 on line 3 in the first part of steering wheel.  I believe 04 is the right code as 2 of my sheets under steering wheel are coded 04.  Also noticed under line 4
that rallye wheels are coded TX9 which decodes as black.  Wondering if this is because the rallye wheels were painted black before the front part of the wheel was painted silver?  Again Great Job on the decoder!

750-h2

Cody You THE MAN!  I just tried the 04 and it works perfectly.  Thanks! :bradsthumb:

Cuda Cody

Please let me know if anyone else gets an "Unknown" code.  It will help us make the program better.   :bigthumb:

manycj

I would like to highjack this one to clear up some confusion I have ( I hope no one minds).  It was my impression that in 70 the standard steel wheels were painted body color ?  and that  the color code on line 4 of the broadcast sheet was for the spare ?  or was it for all 5 wheels ?  If the car had Rally wheels then the code only referred to the spare wheel color ?  David Wise wasn't clear on this. It just states "Painted" in a table for steel wheels.  thanks Chris

<I>If I can't fix it, I'll fix it so no onw can!"</I>

71GranCoupe

Quote from: manycj on May 08, 2017, 05:28:45 AM
I would like to highjack this one to clear up some confusion I have ( I hope no one minds).  It was my impression that in 70 the standard steel wheels were painted body color ?  and that  the color code on line 4 of the broadcast sheet was for the spare ?  or was it for all 5 wheels ?  If the car had Rally wheels then the code only referred to the spare wheel color ?  David Wise wasn't clear on this. It just states "Painted" in a table for steel wheels.  thanks Chris

I do remember reading that somewhere as well, but it was long ago. May have to do some research and see if I can find it, unless some of the number crunchers chime in.

Rich G.

Just decoded my Build Sheet. Amazing, you did a great job! One question, On line 3, I have a 98 and it decoded it as 9 Transverse sport stripe and then the next line is 8 Stripe deleted. Is it safe to say it does not get the stripe? Thanks

Cuda Cody

@Rich G.  Glad you liked the decoder.  And yes, on a car with 98 it would mean the stripe was deleted.  Most likely you have a A66 340 since it was Transverse Stripe delete because those A66 cars came with them standard but it could be deleted.   :alan2cents:

Quote from: Rich G. on June 22, 2017, 04:45:33 PM
Just decoded my Build Sheet. Amazing, you did a great job! One question, On line 3, I have a 98 and it decoded it as 9 Transverse sport stripe and then the next line is 8 Stripe deleted. Is it safe to say it does not get the stripe? Thanks

headejm

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 04, 2017, 09:15:01 AM
That's exactly how we built the decoder.  Days, weeks and months of combing through the Parts Catalog, Data Books, and original vehicle ordering to find each code for the decoder.  Just like you, I could not find any confirmation of the 72 crossmember in the 1970 or the 1970/71 books, but we have lots of sheets that confirm it now.

Quote from: manycj on May 04, 2017, 09:11:22 AM
Found this info about frames in my 70-71 MPC. No help on the actual 72 number, but I believe headejm's frame is original since my 318 also has a 72 on the frame.
Chris

@Cuda Cody  "After further review..." I actually looked at my K-frame and it is stamped with a "52". My broadcast sheet calls out "72". Now I'm really confused because I believe my K-frame is original and no one can find any reference to "72". My car hasn't been wrecked bad enough to have to replace the K-frame, that's way I believe it is original (but you never know).  :notsure:

Cuda Cody

I think you would be surprises if you knew how many typos we have seen on sheets.  It could be something that simple.   :alan2cents:

Quote from: headejm on June 26, 2017, 06:50:09 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 04, 2017, 09:15:01 AM
That's exactly how we built the decoder.  Days, weeks and months of combing through the Parts Catalog, Data Books, and original vehicle ordering to find each code for the decoder.  Just like you, I could not find any confirmation of the 72 crossmember in the 1970 or the 1970/71 books, but we have lots of sheets that confirm it now.

Quote from: manycj on May 04, 2017, 09:11:22 AM
Found this info about frames in my 70-71 MPC. No help on the actual 72 number, but I believe headejm's frame is original since my 318 also has a 72 on the frame.
Chris

@Cuda Cody  "After further review..." I actually looked at my K-frame and it is stamped with a "52". My broadcast sheet calls out "72". Now I'm really confused because I believe my K-frame is original and no one can find any reference to "72". My car hasn't been wrecked bad enough to have to replace the K-frame, that's way I believe it is original (but you never know).  :notsure: