Main Menu

The 1970 Build Sheet Decoder is LIVE!!!!

Started by Cuda Cody, May 02, 2017, 06:03:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

HUSTLESTUFF

The 65 in under seat foam and the 7 is under sill

Cuda Cody

Heck Ya!!!!   :banana:   Nice catch....  I'll get it updated to show the correct bench Seat Foam.   :twothumbsup:

Quote from: HUSTLESTUFF on May 04, 2017, 08:13:04 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 03, 2017, 10:39:25 PM
@HUSTLESTUFF  can you post a photo if that section of your sheet?  The decoder has C65 in it so it should have come up.... so I want to see where it is on your sheet so I can double check our decoder to see if it's in the right box.  And where is the 7 on line 9?

Thanks!

Quote from: HUSTLESTUFF on May 03, 2017, 01:57:52 AM
What a fantastic program.  This will certainly get hits.  Is it members only, if so expect a big increase.  I did have two unknowns.  line 6 foam seat I have a 65 in my box.  Front bench seat car.  In line 9 sill I have a 7 in my box. Both come up unknown.    This is awesome.  I have a few numbers I can't read due to spring marks but I'm working off a copy and will do this again with the original at home.

Here you go

Cuda Cody

Another good find.  I'll get it updated too.  Thank you for all the helps guys.   :handshake:

Quote from: HUSTLESTUFF on May 04, 2017, 08:15:12 AM
The 65 in under seat foam and the 7 is under sill

Culvers

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 04, 2017, 07:31:06 AMDoes anyone have a sheet with codes listed in the bottom right corner under the  1  2  3  boxes?  I have not been able to confirm with sheets what codes exactly they used down there.

Cuda Cody

Fantastic!!!!!!   :banana:   I've got some neat updates to make to the decoder.  man, you guys are the best.  We're going to have the best decoder EVER made!!!!!

Quote from: Culvers on May 04, 2017, 08:33:38 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 04, 2017, 07:31:06 AMDoes anyone have a sheet with codes listed in the bottom right corner under the  1  2  3  boxes?  I have not been able to confirm with sheets what codes exactly they used down there.

manycj

Found this info about frames in my 70-71 MPC. No help on the actual 72 number, but I believe headejm's frame is original since my 318 also has a 72 on the frame.
Chris
<I>If I can't fix it, I'll fix it so no onw can!"</I>

Cuda Cody

That's exactly how we built the decoder.  Days, weeks and months of combing through the Parts Catalog, Data Books, and original vehicle ordering to find each code for the decoder.  Just like you, I could not find any confirmation of the 72 crossmember in the 1970 or the 1970/71 books, but we have lots of sheets that confirm it now.

Quote from: manycj on May 04, 2017, 09:11:22 AM
Found this info about frames in my 70-71 MPC. No help on the actual 72 number, but I believe headejm's frame is original since my 318 also has a 72 on the frame.
Chris

manycj

I don't have it with me, but I believe I saw something in the David Wise books about frame numbers. That is what I was using to decode my broadcast sheet originally.  My notes refer to #8-3-12 in the David Wise book. Might be worth a look.

Cuda Cody

I also checked there after you mentioned it, but could not find a code 72 in his book.

Quote from: manycj on May 04, 2017, 09:21:07 AM
I don't have it with me, but I believe I saw something in the David Wise books about frame numbers. That is what I was using to decode my broadcast sheet originally.  My notes refer to #8-3-12 in the David Wise book. Might be worth a look.

Cuda Cody

All the updates that you guys have helped with will be processed soon.  I'll let everyone know once we have everything uploaded with the new descriptions of the found codes.

I think the only one we are missing now is the Line 4 Axle Code for "008" (Most likely a 7 1/4" rear end axle).   :thinking:

manycj

Hi Cody, I don't think it means 7.25" rearend specifically. my 318 has a 7.25" rear end w/2.76 gears and my code is 010. This example is a 225 and has an 008. Plus axle size and gears are given on line 2. I'm thinking perhaps its axle shafts ?

71GranCoupe

I was going through a bunch of sheets posted in the threads, and it was interesting on line 9, that some showed code M27 and some did not, sill plates. Wonder what the reasoning is/was on the discrepancy?   :dunno:

6bblgt

AXLE - 008 is the last 3-digits of a 7-digit ready to install drum-to-drum axle assembly (assembly part # xxxx008)

also on the same broadcast sheet:
D53 = 3.23:1 rear axle ratio
no D91 = NO sure-grip differential
no additional BRAKE OPTIONS = 10" rear drums
TRANS - 777 = 904 automatic transmission for /6 (assembly part #3410777) late-'70 model year
P/SHAFT - 778 = 3.25" dia. x 52.03" lg. (assembly part number #3578778) '70 Challenger w/904 & 7-1/4" rear axle

xxxx008 = 7-1/4" axle with: 3.23s - no S/G - 10" drums FOR a '70 E-Body

6bblgt

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on May 04, 2017, 03:34:17 PM
I was going through a bunch of sheets posted in the threads, and it was interesting on line 9, that some showed code M27 and some did not, sill plates. Wonder what the reasoning is/was on the discrepancy?   :dunno:

are you looking at just the AAR'cudas?

M27 is a code for "DELETE Mouldings"
M25 "Sill Mouldings" (AKA: Rocker Mouldings), M26 "Wheel Lip Mouldings" & M31 "Belt Mouldings" were STANDARD on a '70 BS23/27 car and eliminated on an AAR

71GranCoupe

Quote from: 6bblgt on May 04, 2017, 03:56:06 PM
Quote from: 71GranCoupe on May 04, 2017, 03:34:17 PM

are you looking at just the AAR'cudas?

M27 is the code for "DELETE Sill Mouldings" (aka: ROCKER mouldings) - M25 "Sill Mouldings" & M31 "Belt Mouldings" were STANDARD on a '70 BS23/27 car and eliminated on an AAR

Thanks for clearing it up Dan. I was looking at TA and AAR's. I was thinking door sill and  did not consider the rocker sills.  :headbang:

Seems like the more I dig into this stuff, the less I understand.  :bricks: