Main Menu

What have you done with your build sheet?

Started by Rdchallenger, December 21, 2019, 04:56:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rdchallenger

Just as the title asks. Since mine was in such great condition I want ahead, framed it, hung it in my office room, and put a scanned copy under the rear seat (just for authenticity sake) since I have no plans of selling this car.

RUNCHARGER

I agree: Make several colour copies, laminate a few and store the original in a safe place (preferably protect it from light).
Sheldon

BIGSHCLUNK

76orangewagon

Quote from: Rdchallenger on December 21, 2019, 04:56:22 PM
Just as the title asks. Since mine was in such great condition I want ahead, framed it, hung it in my office room, and put a scanned copy under the rear seat (just for authenticity sake) since I have no plans of selling this car.

That's actually a great idea, I just have mine in a folder in the garage but have made several color copies for the car.

JS29

My barracuda was built in LA, = no build sheet. My R/T S/E got an interior swap from K4 to Black. Build sheet gone.  :'(

cuda dad

I made color copies for display and reference but put the original in a plastic protector and stored flat out of the light.  Regarding displaying the original, I would be afraid that the UV rays could eventually fade it.

Mark_B

Mark
www.dodgechallenger.uk

7E-Bodies

@RUNCHARGER I couldn't agree more. Protect and def nod the original(s). Both of mine are sealed in a fireproof safe in a protective folder. PDF scans are duplicated for displays and placement in the car.  Light is the enemy on old documents.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

dodj

Well, back in '85 I found it under the back seat and thought....What do I need this piece of paper for? I have no idea what these codes mean.....Threw it out.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

71340RT

I made copies for display for my 1971 RT. My original is in a plastic sleeve in my fire safe.
1971 Challenger RT 340 auto 1 of 731
1973 Challenger Rallye 392 Hemi A41 4 speed automatic
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Hemi auto

7E-Bodies

I cringe over the amount of e Bodies I had back in the 80s when I was too clueless to even look for a build sheet. One was a 27k mile u code, like new. Another a 70 R code. I never even grabbed pics of the fender tags. 7 in all. CLUELESS.  :pullinghair:
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

318Stroker

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on December 22, 2019, 04:20:54 PM
@RUNCHARGER I couldn't agree more. Protect and def nod the original(s). Both of mine are sealed in a fireproof safe in a protective folder. PDF scans are duplicated for displays and placement in the car.  Light is the enemy on old documents.

:iagree: Display a scan, and put the original away for safe keeping.

tparker

Not sure what happened to mine. I'm guessing my car was not as original as I originally thought. The build sheet under the seat was not there, the vinyl roof was replaced with a cool, but different one. The rims were painted black, which I totally dig. The antennae was swapped out. Then I swapped out a 340 for the 318 and along with adding a 727 and front disc brakes. LOL. Franken car. LOL.

I'm not sure I'm in favor of framing the build sheet or otherwise separating it from the car. Imagine if people did that from day one. We would more than likely loose those build sheets for people who will own the car after us. Although our intentions may be good, if I was to pass away and the car was sold, who knows if the build sheet would make it's way back into the car.

Just thinking out loud

1 Wild R/T

Challenger in NC

I've had the buildsheet stored in a binder since around 1986. Just got the original window sticker from my dad in CA a couple years ago. I decided to frame all the paperwork, just wish I had the car to go with it  :crying: