Main Menu

Build sheet decoding help 69 sheet

Started by Shoooter, July 31, 2022, 02:59:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

I'm trying to decode a build sheet for a 70 challenger,  plain 318 car but I can't get the decoder to work . I know the spots are the same for the decoder on the site but I can't seem to get it to work. Could I send it a member and have them decoded it for me? Most of the info I got off the tag but wanted to see what else was on the build sheet.

Thanks

headejm

Send it or post it!

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Shoooter

It's a pretty plain 318 b3 challenger.  I have decoded the tag but need help with the sheet

headejm

@Shoooter I'll run your BS through the decoder but there are several areas of the sheet I cannot read. Can you smooth out the sheet and possibly take a clearer photo?  :cheers:

Shoooter

I'm not home for a few weeks. I'll have to.get it later. I did change the colour on it and it seems to make the numbers pop more.

Shoooter

If these don't work pm me and I'll email them as you can read it I'm the original

6bblgt

does the Challenger still have its door sticker?   what date is on it: September or October 1969?

Shoooter

It does have the door sticker, I'll grab a picture when I'm home

headejm

@Cuda Cody Hello Cody.

Helping member @Shoooter with decoding his BS and having some issues. The decoded sheet comes back about 75% "UNKNOWN" even though many of his codes has a place on our 1970 decoder. His BS is printed on a "E SERIES 1969" sheet and I'm not sure if that is the problem. Have you seen an early build E body with a BS printed on a 1969 sheet go through the decoder? One critical missing item on our decoder for 1970 appears to be missing RH Drive option. Shooter's sheet is coded as RH Drive which I assume is uber rare on E bodies?

@6bblgt Do you know how many RH drive E bodies were built? Are they rare?

anlauto

Our 1970 decoder will not work on a 1969 sheet.
You have to forget ALL the line numbers and boxes on the 1969 sheet....
..and place the typed numbers in the same location on a 70 sheet.....so if a number is on the fifth line down 12 spaces from the left....count that on a 70 sheet and place the number there....

What happened is, ALL the info was programmed to be printed on a 70 sheet, but the printer had 69 sheets in it....so the info is in the correct location for a 1970 sheet and no where near the correct locations on a 69 sheet.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Try printing this off, then with your 69 sheet side by side transfer the numbers to the same LOCATION on the 70 sheet.....then the numbers will start making sense...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

First you need to transfer the codes to a 1970 sheet to make it easier to put int he decoder.  Example photo attached credit to @6bblgt

6bblgt

try this one  :rubeyes:  I see one error on the original - the steering wheel is typed "045T" it should read "04TT" - on a keyboard "5" is right above the "T"

:fingerscrossed:  everything else should work