Main Menu

1970 2944390 15x7 wheels/caps/rings

Started by chrispy1971gtx, March 03, 2018, 11:01:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

chrispy1971gtx

Got a set of 4 rally wheels, 15x7, matched date codes:  M/0, 4/ 14, & 4/13.  Complete with correct original trim rings and 70 center caps.  Wheels need blasted/restored.  Center caps appear to be pretty nice with very little to no pitting.  1 ring needs more TLC, while the other 3 look pretty nice.  Sorry no pics yet, maybe later in the week.

WIW

Thanks
Chris

Cuda Cody

Those are some good wheels to have!  Why are you not using them?

fc7cuda

For awhile there the rims were going for $200+ ea. and real trim rings in excellent shape were $200+ ea. also.  Not much value in the caps, maybe $25 ea.  :alan2cents:

Not sure where the value is lately, haven't seen any for sale for awhile. 

Pics are needed, particularly include the lug holes too.

Good luck.  :waving:

Challenger in NC

anlauto

Bare rims are around $500 each....I would guess your set-up is worth about $2500, maybe more  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

76orangewagon

Last April I sold a set of four with the same date code, center caps and aftermarket trim rings. I was offered $ 1750 shipping included,  they  were off a AAR Cuda and the buyer wanted then for his AAR since the code fit the correct build dates.

chrispy1971gtx

These came on a 71 RR I have.  I like them, but since all my cars are 71 B-bodies, and an A12 RR, I'll probably sell them to someone looking for correct era wheels.  I'll put the $$ towards H-wheels I need, and some Poly's.

RUNCHARGER

I think I might sell a set too. They are matching 69 date code and powdercoated semi gloss black with silver blown in from the front. I have been holding off but maybe it's time to let them go.
Sheldon

chrispy1971gtx

3 are M0, 4/14, 1 is 4/13. I'll clean up rings and post pics. Rings need restored. All lug holes perfect. Car was in Oklahoma most of its life.

fc7cuda

Quote from: anlauto on March 04, 2018, 06:20:18 AM
Bare rims are around $500 each....I would guess your set-up is worth about $2500, maybe more  :alan2cents:

Wow, between this and other posts sounds like the value has really shot up.  I've got a correct set of 4 dated 5/5/70 if those dates work for anyone, not to intrude on the implied sale from the OP.  :wave:

anlauto

Quote from: fc7cuda on March 04, 2018, 10:22:06 AM
Quote from: anlauto on March 04, 2018, 06:20:18 AM

Wow, between this and other posts sounds like the value has really shot up.  I've got a correct set of 4 dated 5/5/70 if those dates work for anyone, not to intrude on the implied sale from the OP.  :wave:

I was just going by the guy that has them listed on Mofarts all the time.....usually $400-$500 each...for a bare rime. I've never sold or bought any for years  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

6bblgt

asking prices mean little - professional parts sellers raise their prices to a number larger than the most $$ they've heard a part sell for & play the game from there

bare "390" wheels can be anywhere from $100 - $300 each
matched date code sets can be in the $750 - $1500 range
correct (no curb rash) 15x7" trim rings can DOUBLE the price of a set
used center caps add little value

anyone paying anywhere near $500 plus shipping each for a bare wheel - send me a PM

chrispy1971gtx

Rings.  One has small curb rash, rest have minute dings. Should all be easy to restore.

anlauto

I stand corrected....or sit down corrected....either way......now we know  :worship:

kathyscuda