Main Menu

1970 440/6 CHALLENGER GO MANGO

Started by chris NOS, February 09, 2021, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

chris NOS

Hi guys , i m starting to check this car for sale in Sweden , unfortunatly no broadcast sheet, no documentation,or info on restoration, suppose to come from california 15 years ago , looks like an older resto , matching number , realy cool color combo , would prefer 4 speed , but im ok with auto.Not sure  if fender tag is original ....
I know some members are from sweden so i hope somebody will have infos , and let me know what you think about it.

chris NOS

it s more like a driver ...

chris NOS

But life is going fast and i just had a guy i knew who died at 41 , too early , too fast , so i think  i better check seriously to find a nice car now ! :driving:

chris NOS

do you think undercoating could be original ?

chris NOS

JS23:
Dodge Challenger
Special, R/T
2 Door Hardtop

V0B: 440 390HP 3-2BBL 8 CYL
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA

157962:   Sequence number

E87:    440 cid 3x2 barrel V8  (High Performance) 390hp
D32:    Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
EK2:    Go Mango Exterior Color
H5K4:    Trim - High, Cloth/Vinyl Bucket Seats, Burnt Orange
000:    Full Door Panels
A13:    Build Date: October 13
041677:   Order number

V1X:    Full Vinyl Top, Black
A62:    Rallye Instrument Cluster Package
C16:    Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C55:    Bucket Seats
G33:    LH Remote Racing Mirror
J45:    Hood Tie Down Pins

M21:    Roof drip rail moldings
N41:    Dual Exhaust
N42:    Chrome Exhaust Tips
N85:    Tachometer
R11:    Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V21:    Performance Hood Treatment

V6X:    Longitudinal Stripes, Black
Y05:    Build to USA Specs
EN2:    End of Sales Codes

Skdmark

Nice looking ride.
Looks like the seat belts were upgraded.
Maybe a safety requirement to get the vehicle approved for use when it was imported??

Downside is it has the 22 inch radiator.
440-6 automatics without an axle package got the smaller radiator.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Brads70

71383bee

That's a pretty darn nice driver! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

chris NOS

it looks nice , but no historic at all bugs me  :notsure:,  good points skdmark , i m trying to contact mopar club in sweden , to see if somebody knows it ...the seller call it a survivor ...well it's been repanited and we can see sanding mark on the front fender ...i need to think about it and see some infos are coming or no.

chris NOS

And if i understand good , rear spoiler added and that mean a later model decklid ?

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

chris NOS

look like car was in a museum in 2008 in california ,then sold to Sweden in july... :dunno:

Skdmark

Looks like power brake booster and disc brake master cylinder were added on too.
Does it currently have disc brakes on the front with the correct proportioning valve setup?
I've seen disc brake master cylinders swapped onto cars that still retain the drum brakes before.

What rear end does it currently have?
Based on the lack of an axle package on the fender tag, it would most likely have been an 8.75, 3.23 gears, no limited slip and 11x2.5" HD brakes.

@chris NOS what are they asking for it?
I saw in your link 525,000 SKR so about 63,000 USD?
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

chris NOS

thank you for the infos , it has the 8.75 and asking price now is 95 000,00 USD  i m talking with some guys who inspected the car and it's in driver condition, old repaint ,original interior....