Main Menu

1970 challenger NOS fenders

Started by atdoray, January 08, 2021, 03:18:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

atdoray

I have 3 1970 challenger fenders and trying to come up with a price. One is 3579625(listed as T/A) The other are a pair 3579380 and 3579381(listed as hemi 15"). All 3 are nos with no rust and original stickers or part number stamp. Thank you for your time.

R/T's 4 R/P

As 15" fenders really weren't different from an NOS perspective (i know early Oem versions had some lip rolling), they are the same.
NOS fenders would have the 72 style top plates.
I'd think $1500 ish each? Just a guess based on what I've seen other NOS items going for.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

anlauto

Yea...I agree...$1000-$1500 range each :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

@atdoray

Are the inner wheel well's rolled?  Interested. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

challengermaniac

I'm thinking the NOS T/A fender is worth more than what you all are giving it credit for.  I would bet I could offer $5k for info leading to purchasing one and won't hear back from anyone!   
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

anlauto

You could be right, but I think the days of $5K fenders are long gone with the introduction of the reproduction fenders :alan2cents: just my opinion.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

71vert340

So Alan and others who have used the repro fenders, I asked this question a few years ago and I'm wondering if things have changed. Are the reproduction front fenders now as good as the original fenders? I have a couple of the 70-71 front fenders without the notch. I've considered selling them and buying new repro ones. I was told back then to keep the original fenders because they are still better. Has that changed?
Terry W.

RUNCHARGER

Originals are better for sure. Fit better and made of better metal, the aftermarket stuff is pretty soft.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

If you can find them, the original are better.  The fit is better.  The repops are really pretty good, but a few holes in the wrong spot and they need a little more work to get them to fit right.  But I would always use original metal if I could.  But if I can't find original, repop fenders do a good job for what they are.

71vert340

Good to know that originals are still best. They're not in my way so I'll keep them. I know at MCACN 2018, several of the 1970 Challengers on display had the fenders with the notch in them and I only saw those fenders back in the 70s as replacement fenders. Again, thanks.
Terry W.

Skdmark

Quote from: 71vert340 on January 13, 2021, 10:55:29 AM
Good to know that originals are still best. They're not in my way so I'll keep them. I know at MCACN 2018, several of the 1970 Challengers on display had the fenders with the notch in them and I only saw those fenders back in the 70s as replacement fenders. Again, thanks.
Terry W.

If you are referring to the notch above the headlight bucket, there are at least 2 versions. The '71 production line and over the counter replacement version. My '71 R/T has one of each.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

Yea all reproduction fenders will need work, but they also don't cost $5000 each  :dunno:

ek3

what makes the metal better in old fenders ? from what i know , the amd actually has slightly thicker metal... put them on a scale .. as far as fit , the gaps were terrible on  all the factory cars.  now as far as some parts having holes or other things missing or  " incorrect " i agree 100%. but , they all will need work to fit perfect like everyone try's to do today.. most hi end cars have been re-worked to way better than factory built standards. i understand we want to keep as much factory metal in these cars. i agree "some" panels or parts are not very good [form and fit] reproductions and a factory part would be much better here.. to me, knowing it is rust free is the most important thing in the end.

71vert340

Quote from: Skdmark on January 13, 2021, 11:47:05 AM
Quote from: 71vert340 on January 13, 2021, 10:55:29 AM
Terry W.

If you are referring to the notch above the headlight bucket, there are at least 2 versions. The '71 production line and over the counter replacement version. My '71 R/T has one of each.

@Skdmark, can you show me a photo of each type of notch came in 1971? I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.
Terry W.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee