Main Menu

1970 Complete heater box

Started by RJChallenger, August 28, 2022, 08:10:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RJChallenger

I have a 1970 heater box, complete. The blower motor (dated 215 9 ) is very strong and quiet. Heater core does not leak , but unit could use all new gaskets and a cleaning. What's it worth as a whole unit or am I better to separate everything and sell individually

anlauto

Is the lip broken in the passenger side vent box ? Makes a huge difference in price. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1970Cuda

The front cover is really the hard piece to find and the repops are not very good. I agree with Alan - anything broken is almost unrepairable. I purchased the housing (where the heater core resides) and it was perfect for $60 at the nationals last year (2021). It was for trade for something.

If you are selling the whole assy, I would say $400 if it's in awesome shape. I got one for free on this site, from one of the generous members here and gladly offered to pay him for it. Just of note - don't ship it IMO. Because it's so old and the shipping companies do not care, it will get destroyed.

I am actually looking for an original front cover if you decide to sell it in parts. I made the repop work ... but it's not the same.

RJChallenger

Unfortunately, the passenger side lip is broken, I took it apart to better clean it and found that it didn't leak because it was plugged. Pretty much good for parts. The blower motor is in great shape though. thanks